Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Seems like Turbotax needs to get actively involved here.   With the resubmission of my VA state, again - I believe Turbotax has a software bug here.  This is major.   

Turbotax needs to work with IRS - have returns rejected - and then allow resubmission after Turbotax software is updated.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Its been 25 days since i filed and i dint have a status bar getting a msg saying my return is still being processed called the IRS and got several different answers ive necer had to wait after 21 days i just want to know when im gonna get my refund

Do you think we will still get the stimulus checks they just passed if return is still processing? or will they go by last years ?? mmm

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

@amy00269 The IRS can research the status of your refund if it has been more than 21 days. Call 1-800-829-1040. Also check Where’s My Refund.

@goku9 If the IRS does not have your 2020 information by the time it's your turn to send out stimulus checks, then they will use 2019 tax information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Finally got through to IRS - and the agent said you were hit with the Turbotax glitch and I am now on holding being transferred to an IRS desk that is handling this situation.    All IRS agents are aware of this.  More to report.

HB88
Level 5

Thanks Randy, keep us posted. I was told the issue is with Box 30 and it is related to TT and nothing we can do but wait for IRS to fix the error.

You can also call [phone number removed] ext. 652 which will connect you to an agent also. If you do not get through the first time just keep calling them back repeatedly and eventually you will get through to a real person.

[removed] how long does it take to fix an error lol 

I had been transferred to the refund desk.   This was not a Turbotax glitch.

Told  me they send me a letter a week ago (haven't yet received), from the Taxpayer Protection Program, and to follow the instructions when received.

I am just guessing this occurred due to getting refund as opposed to credit to next year's return.  

HB88
Level 5

Makes no sense, it is flagged b/c of a return? That mean just about half the population should get flagged.

Could be the amount or thinking it was a change of normal pattern - ie - applying  to next year versus getting refund.

That is really interesting, when I first called the IRS told me that there was an error on my return on there end that they can fix it and to give 2 or 3 more rounds and after calling them 5 or 6 times my tax transcripts updated and on them was code 846 refund issued with a date of 03/12/2021 but the WMR tool showed that my tax return was “still processing” a refund date will be provided when one was available then 2 days later my bars were back with two of the bars in orange up to refund approved. Keep checking on your tax transcripts to see if they update because all this information will be all the way at the bottom of them.

HB88
Level 5

Did either of you by any chance get your first $1200 direct deposit, but didn't receive the 2nd $2400 and claimed it on line 30?

If this is in any way related to the stimulus they are going to have a lot of these issues on their hand. I still have not filed my own but my folks who I filed early is where all this trouble is and there is nothing unique about their return to be causing issues other than these stimulus payments and how the IRS is keeping tabs on this info.

No Line 30 items for me.

HB88
Level 5

I know several people who spoke to the IRS and the issue was related to the credit reported on line 30. Could be a number of issues the IRS is looking at causing these delays. Some were told to expect rejections going back to Turbotax to correct while others received letters.

It is unprecedented what has happened in the past year. At this point for most it is a waiting game.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies