Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

My status bar finally popped back up over the weekend.  Has been gone since March.  Hope this means I am getting closer.  

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

My bars just appeared after filing April 2 and proving my identity thing august 6 takes 9weeks or so for that I was checking  WMR today and its light up have recieved the bar is not light up that says approved maybe soon it will idk. Also have a tax topic 152 idk what that means but it says it's been recieved and is being processed. Can anyone tell me if tax topic 152 is good and how long after should I receive it

It was efiled Feb 2. Accepted, also if you track and get a processing 152 error from the IRS after 21 days or in my case after January it will be almost a year not received. You follow protocol order a tax transcript. My transcript did not show any errors.. therefore the irs will owe. A small interest. It's not alot they can take forever.  #1 after all that if your still waiting. Print your tax return copy. Ask H&R block for assistance. Also call Taxpayer Advocate service good Luck!!! 

You would be correct in conclusion in thinking they should be much faster for e-filers. As well as for helping families to get EIC if this is mostly why they are holding. "Being Processed" I've learned can also mean, loads of work on the taxpayers part. Which wouldn't be fair if everything was done correctly in the first place. We get there's a pandemic but a year later!?? Does seem very absurd. 

I spoke to IRS last month an they gave me yet another B.S. answer. They said by beginning of december Id have an answer but they were still reviewing my information. I get audited every year for no real reason. I make alittle money trading options and started a real estate business. I do my taxes every year and never make an mistake. They wanted proof I am who I say i am an all my family info. Its to the point we should be able to press charges or charge interest on what we are owed because they would do the same. 

ya know,.. The whole ID fraud would make sense to me if I had been hacked or someone stole my social, and my information. Here is the kicker that leads me to believe they are severely understaffed and very slow, and just making up excuses because we all file with our STATE ID.. also my ID took me 6 months to get as a Woman! Because I was married twice. I didnt go back to my maiden name becuase ive had to do so much paperwork and affidavits and it seemed absurd to go so far and have to prove my idenity when they get your fingerprints at the DMV and they also have your ID on file to prove you are who you say you are as well as SS... And i hadn't change any information in 8 years. Got last years Taxes just fine! Didn't make much sense as an E-filer when Transcript comes back "perfectly fine" but I keep getting letter after letter from them it's been accepted, but will take another month. Now Its been 2 months since that letter.. and 11 MONTHS TOTAL!?!?! " still waiting" like I said before, it's also irritating that there was nothing wrong with it, and I already payed turbo. and then it said they would charge again out of my federal. hopefully next year? and I'm paying to hire H&R block. Be nice if IRS had some "Real Answers for 152 processing Topic" besides idenity fraud and and a track my refund tool that doesnt say Jack' or Track' 

I filed in April 2020 and still no stimulus 1st or second and no return and my account is negative because turbo tax tried to take money that was supposed to come out of my refund but since I haven't received it yet they tried to 5ake out of my account

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This link provides the most up to date information available from the IRS:  IRS Update

If you have a Turbo Card, this link will be helpful to you:  Turbo Card

This link will tell you more about the Recovery Rebate Credit:  Recovery Rebate Credit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Okay, So i know theres been a ton of CONFUSION for people that prepared thier own taxes like i did. Theyve waited a year almost Total confusion..  Here's the thing, I waited a year filed 2019 had been "accepted" which really doesnt mean anything unless it says "processed" im talking 21 days EFILE if its Paper and those dates have passed with Nothing of information or confirmations its time to investigate Your Return,  if you dont have that, and youve called a million people on IRS website. Here is hopefully something you can ASK them POLITELY, because it holds true that USER ERRORS are 90 percent the issue also sometimes Software.. Ask them why or how if any mistakes like I.E. Software shows a W2 TWICE! this can happen!!! It throws everything off. yes that small of a mistake We as Taxpayers must be aware of. Meaning, the right to be informed! What we needed a year ago, to maybe i dunno buy a car becuase yours broke down in a pandemic which is scary also living by wildfires.... a mile away from.  "Refund woulda helped a ton". Especially for all of us paycheck to paycheck. but Because  (nobody Knew or took a moment to LOOK)  at something on a piece of paper twice... Now we (WAIT ANOTHER YEAR!!!???)  and just now "Amend it"!  it suprises me Nobody was able to notify us. one person finally after a YEAR  Gave me that info when  she didnt have too. she heard fear in our voices and (looked for 5 minutes).   a whole year waiting Solved thanks to this Angel of Mercy!  These are the customer service people in the world we need more of it wasnt even her department but she took my call !!!!  Willing to listen & answer a call and Give 5 minutes of thier time to help someone..  This is the last post on Turbo community i will make.  I hope this helps quell confusion in a time of uncertainty. Double check with a preparer. or yourself after 21 days and paper acceptance and confirmation timing guidelines... I learned the hard way, hopefully you dont have too.  I hope that Brave lady is blessed the rest of her years for her gift of kindness and patience. These people are rare to find so we must be our own Sherlock holmes!  I hope this helps everyone in years to come when you file. "the Smallest Mistakes can have Huge Burdens" if we dont follow up and  CHECK it TWICE! For our own peace of mind this year. 

Ask a preparer or IRS if you get a hold of one if something was listed twice or incorrectly because you may need to Amend a return now that it has been almost a year. They are holding paper filings more due to the pandemic its much slower... but if it's that low staffed and (a small mistake like wage listed twice by accident ) It could show accepted and really not be even looked at a year later.. from my own experience. So if you used turbo maybe an adviser can look over the return more carefully. if something found been a long wait maybe print this and go to a preparer like H&R  block ask them to look over.  It's like going to a doctor for a second opinion literally. Also Turbo Tends to work really well for people with like one or two W2's more than that can create some software accidents maybe. not completely sure but the computer just rounds the information given. Details can require a preparer if it's not a easy Return and VERY BASIC or if you dont hold an Tax Accountant degree like myself LoL.. Hope this Helps 

that happened to me. software listed a w2 twice. it still accepted but threw everything off. so amending now and maybe 2022 i might see it, very dissappointing something so small have such Huge impacts for everyone. 

Last year 2020 I was mad about the end of May and thought it was unfair that during the time of COVID. The IRS was holding taxes and using the COP5. Only to find out that the IRS jump ship and no one was in the office. 

Words of ADVICE FOR EVERYONE who underwent the previously years on IRS making you wait like how I did from Feb 3rd being "accepted" to August 4th 2020 waiting on COP5 delay. 

Contact your district's Congressman. I reached out to the Texas Governor, and his office advice me that he can not help me with the IRS Issue of COP5, but if reach out to the congressman of my district. They would be able to help out to getting funds released. So I spoke to the office of Michael Cloud and they sent me a form to fill out, and a brief summary of what the issue was.. and on August 3rd Cloud's office called me and told me that they solved the issues and should be receiving my refund by Friday, and if you check the Where's my Refund tomorrow there should be an update on releasing...I didn't even go to bed and by 2145hrs my bank alerted me that my Refund hit my account. 

so to further this CONTACT YOUR DISTRICTS CONGRESSMAN! They will help your with the IRS (Department of Treasury} because it is their job to do so.

• Thank you for that advice. I just left my District Congressman a message and a email. Pray for me.

Finally after filing on February 4 2019 my status has updated to my refund check will be mailed on February 5 2020. They added interest of $139.19 which is nearly not enough to compensate how long we’ve waited and the fact that we have to claim both stimulus’ (emergency money) on 2020’s return. This is all with the help of a taxpayer advocate. I’m scared to imagine how much longer I would have been waiting without one. I know its easier said than done but all I can say is be patient and make sure you try to get an advocate and stay on their necks. 

I sent mine in on feb 24th 2020. I I have not received mine either. I log on and it says processing. I have called numerous times. When I finally get a human. They say we are back logged. It is in a fax machine or on someone’s desk! I received the first stimulus check but not the second one. I am in Oklahoma. Someone help me out please. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies