Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Screenshot_[phone number removed]10_Gmail.jpg

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

We mailed our TurboTax in on March 4th.  They said it was still processing.  Try these steps and we did get an IRS human.  800-829-1040.  After the language choose option 2 (personal income tax), press one (form tax history or payment), press 3 ( all other questions), press 2 ( all other questions). Don't add social security number!!  Asked twice don't add! Press 4 personal or individual tax questions.  I waited 45 minutes but I finally got a human.  Good luck!  

U can call the 1-800-829-1040 number they are in the office. 

WOW! Ok I thought I was the only one. I thought I made some kind of mistake. Mine is still  processing as well. Filed my return on April 8th.

Mine was accepted by the IRS January 27th and i still don't have it so don't hold your breathe. TurboTax blew me off they said it's out of their hands but yet I paid them to take care of me until I received them. Guess I'll have to join the lawsuit against them. All the crap they say that it's guaranteed well, it's NOT! 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Once your tax returns are accepted by the IRS, the IRS has full control over your tax return.   It doesn't matter who prepared your return or what preparation software you used, that is the process for ALL tax returns.   The IRS has started taking calls, see Telephone Options in this IRS web-page.    @Jodichris2016

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Dont want to make you even more depressed, but filed my taxes 02/04/2020 & still nothing. Not even the first stimulus  check. Now a second one is being approved, smdh

Mommac73

I continue to get that error message to. I filed mine February 13th and lost both of my jobs because of covid-19 which they actually close the door is never to open again because of it so I really need my tax return as well so if anybody find anything out I really like to know as well

ETennDude

Unfortunately, you are in for a long wait. If you amended your return in March you may be lucky to hear anything before Thanksgiving. It already takes 16 weeks to process amended returns add in the fact the IRS just now started processing some e-file returns with 100's of boxes of mail from ammended and mailed in returns stored in storage trailers that have been sitting a various locations locked up waiting to be sorted, scanned, processed then given approval. So until everything gets back to full speed. Not much will happen with businesses running on skeleton crews.. The IRS has made statements to not amend your returns unless you really have too. This year will be the year to make or brake people and there patience

I am a non filer, in a state where we don't pay tax, and Turbo tax said I had to file my taxes to get a stimulis.. then said I had to ammend it because I left out the JR. in my son's name... So I got screwed BIG TIME.  I have called the IRS new hotline #. And get nothing but aerry go round... I understand its going to take a long time to get the paperwork hand sorted and filed. I'm just super pissed because TT made me.file.my taxes when I'm not supposed to. .. seems they are screwing alot of people.. I helped 62 elderly and dissabled people file to receive there stimulis and they ALL got their money.. it's frustrating I haven't got mine. Now I am facing extreme financial problems like most Americans. My bills are 3 months behind and I am.goj g to end up loosu g the roof over my head because of them being behind. Places are open but everyone is trying to pick the pieces back up still.

Google IRS advocate hotline.. that's what I did and was able to speak with someone from the IRS it's a long wait but the only way you'll get answers.

Bruiserwy

Same here. Filed using Turbo Tax Feb 3. Got notice within an hour that Feds accepted it. It was a standard joint return with my wife just like every other year. Standard deductions....nothing itemized. Very simple return.

We got a letter March 13 that they were "taking a closer look" at our filing and they have 60 days to review and pay. Well, still no word. We've received absolutely no communication at all from them. Of course we cant speak to a live person to get answers either. How convenient for them.

Can you imagine if it were reversed? They'd be getting our jail cell ready. Bottom line is the government answers to no one and can and WILL abuse their power anytime it conveniences them.

I am a bartender at the local American Legion, it is a NON PROFIT org. I pay myself from a cash box $25 a day ( plus tips). I couldn't file for unemployment. My son was a preemee and has immune problems when it comes to gettng sick. So there wasn't even the pissibilty of getting a different job. Our cou ty only had 4 total cases zero deaths, but I wasn't taking any chances. I spent my time helping others get their stimulis $$. I feel like I am TOTALLY getting screwed over...

[phone number removed] ex. 652  Try this number for the IRS. I just got it, and an extension that people are saying someone answers. I have t even tried it yet.. so let me know if it works PLEASE???

I actually spoke to a representative on the 19th, she told me it was their first day back. I waited an 1hr and a 1/2 the first number I dialed, then they transferred me to another extension and waited another hour, but I finally did speak to someone. The representative said they are starting to go through all the back logs first, so they are going by who sent in things first. I sent in my requested documents on March 24th. She said to call back after June 1st for an update, to give the representatives time to update the system with the information that was sent in. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies