turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

@Bubbling15 wrote:

I am getting that message also. I am filing jointly with my spouse and he owns child support. I filled out an injured spousal report with my taxes. Do I need another one for the stimulus package?

No, do not submit another Form 8379.

Go to this IRS website for information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/why-the-economic-impact-payment-amount-could-be-different-than-anticipa...

Past-due child support was deducted from the payment

The Economic Impact Payment is offset only by past-due child support. The Bureau of the Fiscal Service will send the taxpayer a notice if an offset occurs.

For taxpayers who are married filing jointly and filed an injured spouse claim with their 2019 tax return (or 2018 tax return if they haven't filed the 2019 tax return), half of the total payment will be sent to each spouse. Only the payment of the spouse who owes past-due child support should be offset.

The IRS is aware that a portion of the payment sent to a spouse who filed an injured spouse claim with his or her 2019 tax return (or 2018 tax return if no 2019 tax return has been filed) may have been offset by the injured spouse's past-due child support. The IRS is working with the Bureau of Fiscal Service and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Child Support Enforcement, to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. If you filed an injured spouse claim with your return and are impacted by this issue, you do not need to take any action. The injured spouse will receive their unpaid half of the total payment when the issue is resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

You can only contact the IRS via online right now. I read an article that said they will be returning to their offices on June 1 to speed up the processing of their back log. The Coronavirus as well as them having to process everyone’s stimulus checks slowed down their processing of the refund checks.

Boodie

I feel you 

Definitely not a stupid question. I don’t understand why I they sent people home either. Unless there were multiple people in the building that had contracted the virus. That may explain it, but they are definitely essential. Bank employees are able to social distance easily. IRS employees are supposed to return to work on June 1 to speed up their backlog of unprocessed refunds. 

I don’t think it’s because of Turbo Tax. I’ve been using them for years and I’ve had no problem. This year I got my Federal back so fast. I don’t even think it had been a full 2 weeks. Because of the Coronavirus and then the stimulus checks the IRS is so backed up. The IRS is supposed to be returning to work on June 1.

I was told by a tax advocate they could only help me with my state taxes not federal

Alex0623

Still says being processed and it's been since Feb 19th even though we filed Jan 27th I'm getting very frustrated I need it badly since my stimulus got taken

Then to make it worst Turbo Tax is asking for their money because IRS is to taking to long to process your taxes.  WTH....

Im there too.  I received a letter from turbo tax saying they want their  money up front now that was supposed to come out of my taxes.  This is ridiculous to me.  

I filed my TAXES  in Feb and STILL HAS NOT RECEIVED MY REFUND. when I call i get the SAME answer that I gave on the IRS APP.WHATS GOING ON WITH MY REFUND????

Eolia 50

I thought that I was by myself as well not receiving my 2019 taxes. Everybody worried and complaining about the stimulate economy check. When I wants to know where and when are they going to finish processing and send my tax refund. I think that should be the irs first priority getting the 2019 tax refunds process and sent out to everyone who file before this Coronavirus pandemic.

DON'T FILE WITH THIS COMPANY OR HAVE THEM FILE FOR YOU. THEY TAKE OUT THEIR FEES AND YOU NEVER SEE YOUR TAX RETURN.!!!!!!!

Well no my friend you arent alone..... I have been waiting for 65 days today and I too get that same responce when I try checking my refunds status. Yet cant get into contact with anyone IRS or else where. So I too am at a loss for what to do next. I sure wish I could get a live person. Well alls I can do is wait.

I've been waiting over a 120 days now so don't feel bad

I was on hold for a little over an hour to get a live representative who patiently worked with me to verify my information..and was told pretty much that because of the closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic, offices have been short staffed..also the focus has been on getting stimulus to everyone..so in a nut shell as the office starts to bring back reps they will be picking up on the reviews again. I was asked to be patient and allow 30-60 additional days to process the review. I filed 1/27/20, was informed i was pulled for review on 2/20/20 and the stay at home order may have halted processing it..the 60 business days was up on 5/19/20. I had already mentally prepared for this answer so im not as mad as i could have been. Also if i get them back sometime in July i will be ok. It sucks to have to wait almoat 7 months for my return..but idc as long as i get it

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies