turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I'm still trying to figure out the same issue.  I have to verify my identity information on the website and I don't have any of the information they want.  idverify.irs gov is a site to try 

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

@Time66 All the processing offices for refunds doing audits, paper, reviews, ect are shut down. The IRS did this quietly several months back so no uproar from public. I have posted this information several times before in other threads and no one wanted to believe me. They do now. Filed in January, how long I've been waiting. I also have Tax Advacate who has reached out to an IRS manager. Every one was sent home and they will tell you that they are working remotely but that's a lie don't believe it because that manager and the Advacate said they can't because of working with personal information of others and no laptops sent out. Until the government opens up fully don't expect anything. And yes it sucks. If you have not received a stimulus check it is because your tax refund has to be processed first that is what they're saying. 

Same thing with me as well, no Fed return , no stimulus

2018 i had no issue they made it seem as long as you file 2018 or 2019 that your stimulus money should come. It is just messy if you ask me

I guess it wouldn't have been an issue if they were still Actually Processing our tax returns.... But since the President decided to have the IRS DISTRIBUTE the stimulus instead of processing our tax returns he's totally blundered this whole GIANT*bleep* SHOW!!. OUR CIVIL RIGHTS DON'T MEAN **bleep** TO THIS PRESIDENT!!! 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

There is a delay in processing the returns as the IRS is not processing paper returns at the moment due to Covid-19 and social distancing policies in effect.  

IRS operations

Go here for stimulus info:  https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

This FAQ site may also answer your questions.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

PAPER REFUNDS..... WE ALL USED TURBO TAX OR OTHERS TO EFILE!!!  THAT EXPLANATION IS BOGUS!!!

DSims

I got the stimulus.  I’m still waiting on my return.  It’s been almost 6 weeks.  And yes, since I am on the turbo tax website it is accurate to assume I did file electronically.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

There is a delay in processing the returns as the IRS is not processing paper returns at the moment due to Covid-19 and social distancing policies in effect.  

IRS operations

Go here for stimulus info:  https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

This FAQ site may also answer your questions.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Lindellwilson
Returning Member

How did you change your bank account 

Information 

Tjordan1969
Returning Member

I had the same letter back around Feb 1 called and they verified me ..it sheen processing ever since

I couldn't it keeps saying the information is not on file so now their sending it as a stupid check which won't get until July or August I don't have until then rent is due and wasn't even able to get milk had 600 overdrawn and bills that took out left me with nothing this payday sucks people are getting mad it's not them so they don't care the irs doesnt

Be careful with them sending them interest payments on what They owe on refunds. They count it as income the following year. 

Amen, you said it all. That's the same thing that is happening to me.

My federsl and state return 

Manage cookies