turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

There is a delay in processing the returns as the IRS is not processing paper returns at the moment due to Covid-19 and social distancing policies in effect.  

IRS operations

Go here for stimulus info:  https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

This FAQ site may also answer your questions.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

haven't got my stimulus or my federal called an advocate that says for.my area still no answer

I contacted a advocate for the state of north Carolina that suppose to be available left my info still no comment n I think it's wrong u can't talk to nobody at irs and I'm fixing to be put out my house cuz my taxes ain't came in yet

I've been looking for my 2018 tax refund we applied before April 2020 also no stimulas check yet.i get a small SSI check monthly that I received as a direct deposit. I was informed that my stimulas would be direct deposited. So where could my money's be. Confused

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

The IRS is committed to helping you get your Economic Impact Payment as soon as possible. The payments, also referred to by some as stimulus payments, are automatic for most taxpayers. No further action is needed by taxpayers who filed tax returns in 2018 and 2019 and most seniors and retirees.

Most eligible U.S. taxpayers will automatically receive their Economic Impact Payments including:

• Individuals who filed a federal income tax for 2018 or 2019
  • Those receiving Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), survivor benefits
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients
  • Recipients of Veterans Affairs Compensation and Pension (C&P) benefits
  • Individuals who receive Railroad Retirement (RRB) benefits

See if you are eligible for an Economic Impact Payment.

If you are eligible, use our guide to figure out which IRS tool you should use to get your payment.

@Trishmorris1964

RoseyOC

I filed my taxes Jan 27 2020 they were accepted Jan 28 2020 mine was "pulled" March 2nd 2020 the IRS told me they have 45 days so April 16th 2020 if I don't have a DDD by then too call back, I've not received a letter at ALL, so I've called everyday and there's NO LIVE HELP AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME, I've called tax assistance and turbo tax and all they tell me is "we are at the mercy of the IRS".... So we are in a worse boat than you and can't get ANYTHING but the run around 🥺🥺😢😢😭😭

I filed my taxes February 3 . Still says being processed. Still no stimulus check. And the site for stimulus check says the Dame thing

mommysbabys0903
Returning Member

Why is my tax return still say that y'all received it and it's being processed it's been since March or April. I can't remember when I filed them

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

If your tax return shows ''still processing'' on the Where's My Refund site, then it will not be processed until the IRS resumes operations.  Even if you filed it electronically, once it goes to manual review (your returns did) - it can only be approved by the IRS and they are not there to finish the processing of your return.  I know it is frustrating, but all we can do is hope they return to normal operations soon.   Once your returns are accepted - ONLY the IRS knows anything about your tax return.  

You can check your stimulus payment using the links below.  They are two different tools and will show different information.  

See if you are eligible for an Economic Impact Payment.

If you are eligible, use our guide to figure out which IRS tool you should use to get your payment.

@Time66

@mommysbabys0903

@RoseyOC

BruceAlday
Returning Member

Why is my taxes still processing since feb. 2ö%h also i still have not recieved my stimulus check.  ÷:

BruceAlday
Returning Member

I filed on feb 29th

I couldn't do it online because I don't have an open account with a bank or credit card or car payment so I called and got an appointment to go do it in person and they called me the day before my appointment was and canceled and said to call up there so then a little bit later I called up there and the phones were closed also so I'm just sitting here no stimulus payment no taxes this is ridiculous they need to have other options for people that don't have a open line of credit

DSims

Well, it may or may not be connected.  I've received my stimulus check and my return is still being processed.  I don't know how anyone is getting answers from the IRS... I just get a message that they are closed.

Well i finally talk to someone at tax advocate office they told me what i need to do to get my tax refund release so hopefully that does the job

Same here I filed in late January through Jackson Hewitt still nothing not even the stimulus checks I've just gave up

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies