turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

deni48133

Went to SSA/corrected my birthday. Funny, turned 60...suddenly my DOB is incorrect. Not like they made me younger but 3 days older! Now corrected, wait time to file?

What length of time must I wait to file and if I just mail as oppose to e-file, do I still owe turbo tax so much?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Went to SSA/corrected my birthday. Funny, turned 60...suddenly my DOB is incorrect. Not like they made me younger but 3 days older! Now corrected, wait time to file?

Are you saying your tax return rejected for the date of birth?  And you found it was actually wrong at Social Security?  Did you try entering the wrong birth date to efile?  That may work.  I don't know how long it takes the IRS to get the updated info from SS.  But I do know if you mail your return it will take a very long time to process mailed returns.  Even some efiled returns are taking 6 months or more to send refunds.

Yes you owe the Turbo Tax fees.  The fees are to prepare the return whether you efile or print and mail.  Efiling is free.  

Here's a couple IRS articles. The IRS is still processing 2020 returns. As of June 21, 2022 the IRS is almost done processing 2020 returns, filed in 2021. See,
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-continues-work-on-inventory-of-tax-returns-original-tax-returns-fil...

And see, https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

if changing your birthday in TurboTax by three days lets you e-File, that's what you should do.

three days plus or minus your age 59 1/2 can impact your taxes.

three days plus or minus your age 60 is not going to make any difference.

@deni48133 

If you change the b-day to the wrong date and successfully efile the return now please remember to change it back next year or you will be in the same rejections senario again ... LOL 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies