turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

W2 AUR question

I filed by paper this year . 3 W2s

w2 1- $20k

w2 2- $30k

w2 3- $40k

total wages reported $90k

looking at my transcripts it looks like w2 1 is in their system twice so wages per information reports look to be 110k. Trying to get this fixed but if I can’t and they don’t catch it’s a duplicate will they still be able to identify that I reported the 3 W2s because it’s a paper return and not electronic where they easily have what you reported electronically?

just worried that there gonna try to send me an AUR for the full 110k because it’s paper and not electronic.

sorry I have high anxiety 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

W2 AUR question

Did the employer file a corrected W-2 statement? If this doesn't show up on the transcript then contact the employer to find out if they made an error or if they filed a corrected form.

W2 AUR question

I’m working on trying to resolve that portion but it’s rather difficult since the business was a covid causalty and the owner has passed away.

Can you look at the original question and voice your opinion on that

W2 AUR question

Nobody but you has access to your return so only you can look at it. What would you really need to look at for the actual W-2 forms that were issued. You can also get copies of the W-2 forms from the social security administration if you don't have the ones that were issued to you originally.

W2 AUR question

I appreciate your time but you are definitely missing what I’m asking. Probably not worded best.

because I reported by paper will they be able to see I reported the amounts of the other w2s because I didn’t electronically send it to them to compare vs the IRs.

my submission 3w2s total 90k. There system 4w2s total $110k

W2 AUR question

Is your tax return wrong?  How much is on 1040 line 1 wages?  If it's wrong the IRS probably won't catch that.  You will need to amend to take off the duplicate.  Oh, you said the IRS transcript shows 4 W2s?  If your 1040 return is right then just wait and see if the IRS send you a letter or bill.  Then you can explain it.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies