turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does turbo tax do Louisiana form R-10606? I received a letter that the state of Louisiana is requesting that form. Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

Does turbo tax do Louisiana form R-10606? I received a letter that the state of Louisiana is requesting that form. Thank you

Unfortunately, TurboTax does not support Louisiana's Form R-10606, Supplemental Worksheet for Credit for Taxes Paid to Other States for Forms IT-540 and IT-541.

However, the form and instructions are available here.

I have the same problem and the work sheet that’s in turbo tax is the old version and I’m stuck doing it on my own with the updated version  from the state because I didn’t get audit defense. Good luck

I also got a letter requesting the same form.  I would think that a service that promotes itself as THE tax preparation software would provide the complete range of form that are used to calculate the return.  It is not that unusual a situation to have income from more than one state.  TurboTax has really dropped the ball here.

I also received the letter from Louisiana, no help on support either.  My figures do not coincide with turbo tax. Guess they are not so good after all, will be sharing my experience with co-workers and friends.

hcarter4
Returning Member

Would someone please verify which figure from the Mississippi tax return goes in column 2 of the Louisiana R-10606. Is it line 16, Mississippi Adjusted Gross Income? Or is it line 19, Mississippi Taxable Income?

Thanks!

What a HUGE disappointment, after purchasing access to two states online as well as Federal we are in a situation trying to complete this complicated form (not supported by TurboTax).  So, $120 later we will have to contact a real tax professional. I will tell everyone I know to about this problem.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please contact support to help you go over the problem and to help you resolve it over the phone.

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

need help with with r-10606 and what documents are needed

MayaD
Expert Alumni

TurboTax does not support Louisiana Form R-10606.

Please check the link below form instructions on how to file form R-10606i

Instructions for Supplemental Worksheet for Credit for Taxes Paid to Other States for Forms IT-540 a...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies