Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbo Tax gave me a estimated refund date that has passed

Yes. I finally got a hold of somebody yesterday evening after 47 minutes on hold. I am in the same boat as everybody else. Excepted on February 12 and then processing since. The IRS refund tool is not updating properly and it probably won’t be. Nothings on schedule and that IRS tool is computerized. Moral here is everybody is just stuck waiting. The lady asked me what it said when I put my information in and I told her it just keeps telling me processing everywhere I look. She said yes, that’s it. Just still processing. Unfortunately, we all just have to wait. They are not doing them first in first out, just get it when we get it in no particular order. Some are only done in vouchers on Fridays and others are in line to do daily processing. Of course mine is weekly so if it is not processed Friday of this weekThen I wait and check again next Friday. Don’t even use the IRS tool. Just check your bank account every few days

Mine doesn’t even say processing...it says to allow 24 hours to allow receipt, but turbo tax said they were accepted on2/12.  Irs can’t confirm they even have my return.  Turbo tax messed us all up. 

So infuriating.  

thank you for your response. How would I know if mine is done weekly? I saw somewhere that they were only depositing on Friday’s. Idk. It’s very stressful! I have so many bills. It’s ridiculous. I know more than a few people who have received theirs and they filed when I did. Ughhh... the frustration 

Oh honey, believe me I understand the frustration as well. I had some pretty big bills that we’re on a time frame and we’re not paid on time so I have interest and late fees as well. Just know you are not alone in this.

as far as knowing your call status in the weekly or daily deposits, you would need to look at your transcript for last year‘s taxes. You can login on the IRS website and find your transcript. You will want to look at 2019 or 2018. Go to view your account, review transcripts, login as needed. At the upper corner is some numbers. It may say something like cycle numbers. If it ends in a 05 then that means you are done on a weekly cycle. Those processing days are only on Fridays with a following deposit date with the following Wednesday. If you receive nothing about it this Friday then unfortunately you have to wait until a whole Nother week goes by to the following Friday. 

Nothing is going on other than they are just understaffed and overworked. They only chose about 30% of the people to receive their refunds the day or I should say the week they started excepting returns. I guess you could call it a test run as for the rest of us we are in line and pretty much they will get to us when they get to us. There is nothing more that we can do other than wait.

@csdsjpd30 you need certain information to create your account thru the irs website 

Okay? I tried to log in a few days ago and they sent me a letter with an activation code. I don’t know what else you would need. 

Jody30

I did the same n haven’t received my refund 

I have tried calling, and now they say " Do to high call volume we are unable to take calls"........They accepted mine on Feb 12  Ridiculous   Thanks for your update

That's about when they accepted mine and still nothing.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@Candyj8 Due to the ongoing effects of the pandemic, the IRS is experiencing delays. With that being said, although the IRS provides a guideline of 21 days to release most refunds, some refunds take longer to process based on various reasons including certain credits claimed. The FAQ below serves as a reference:

Why do some refunds take longer than others?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same with me. I filled in January got accepted Feb 12 and all it says is processing. I have tried to call the IRS several times but all it says is due to high call volume blah blah. 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

To find out more about your account, go to their Where's My Refund page.

Only call them if it has been more than 21 days or your Where's My Refund account tells you to contact the IRS. For more contact resources, see IRS Let Us Help You.

For more information, see: My return is accepted but still not approved. Is there a problem? Should I be worried?

I have tried calling several times a day for about a week. My return was accepted on Feb 23rd. Where's My Refund still says they have no information for me. It is near impossible to get through by phone. This morning (3/23) I actually did get through but all you get is the same automated process as you would on WMR with the same useless results. Apparently there are no flesh-and -blood entities available. Very frustrating.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies