turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

KS-1
Returning Member

TT instructions had wrong mailing address for 2020 - 1040 return mailed April 2021

Mailed my Turbotax 2020  (1040) return in April 2021 per TT instructions and sent certified.  IRS is shows non-filing letter as of today 7-17-21.  I went back into TT and it updated for 5 minutes and now the instruction letter says it should have been mailed to Ogen, UT.  What do I do now?  Is TT standing behind this if I get penalty and/or interest charges for not filing or late filing.

Thanks you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

TT instructions had wrong mailing address for 2020 - 1040 return mailed April 2021

What is your state of residence?

KS-1
Returning Member

OHIO

If your bottom line changed from a balance due to refund or reverse then the mailing address would have changed and amended returns go to yet other addresses.  

https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

Now for the "NON filer" notation ... this simply means your return has not yet been entered into the system ... once it is in the pipeline you will see progress on the WMR? tool.  The IRS is way behind in processing returns this year so all you can do is wait. 

KS-1
Returning Member

My Bottom line didn't change. Refund and amount same on both instructions.

KS-1
Returning Member

Instruction when I filed in April had me sent to Fresno, Ca. (I have print out from TT) and now after updating TT today the instructions  says Ogden, UT.  

Did you accidentally start an amended return ?   Look in your PDF ... do you have a 1040X in the list?

No matter ... the mailed in return would be redirected to the correct department internally so there is nothing you can or need to do now. 

KS-1
Returning Member

Do I still not worry????  

Thanks

KS-1
Returning Member

No I did not file any amended returns for 2020 jsut filed 1040 SR.   The update in TT today doesn't not show any Amended return.

Thanks for your quick responses.

Dealing with the same issue - filed a return in April to Fresno (refund) per TT instructions (have the print out) and IRS does not show receipt of the return.  Updated TT recently and NOW is shows the correct Ogden, UT address.  Can someone from TT address this please?

Mailed returns are taking months to be opened and entered into the system and mailing it to the wrong address will just add a few days more to the process  ... this always happens when the IRS changes where they want items mailed to  so forwarding them to the correct office is a common occurrence.   They just recently announced the actual  closing of most of the Fresno office by the end of the year so don't worry about it.  Check the IRS site once a week until you see it being processed then a couple of times a week to see when it is approved.  

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

"Mailed returns are taking months to be opened and entered into the system"

According to IRS, this is not true.

Your return is opened and entered immediately.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies