turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Illustratum
Returning Member

Trouble filing please help

I live in New York State I wanted to E-File but I can’t now I printed out the forums and I got my federal all set up and ready to be sent in but it says that I need to E-File my State taxes Because it was done electronically, it says I can E-File it if I go back to turbo tax but I go there and I see no options on TurboTax to do  I literally looked everywhere can some one please help or how can I solve this problem

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Ok ... to efile the fed AND state login then  scroll down and click on ADD A STATE to access the account then complete the FILE tab until you click on the big orange TRANSMIT NOW button. add a state 2018.PNG

Are you going to mail federal?  If you mail federal you have to mail state, even N.Y.  Ignore the warning that you have to efile N.Y.  

Illustratum
Returning Member

Would this also E-file my federal to? Or do I still need to send in mail

Illustratum
Returning Member

Well if I do send it by mail is there a penalty? And do I just need to send in my it-2s? Or all of the ITs? Like it-2, IT-201and IT-215 

If you efile there is nothing to mail in.  That's one of the big benefits with Efiling.

Illustratum
Returning Member

Yeah but it asks me information about my 2018 w2s witch I don’t know if I have

Wait a minute ... are you completing the 2018 return using the downloaded program ???   If to BOTH the fed & state MUST be mailed in and you must attach the W-2 forms plus any other form that has withholding on it.  If you do not have the required papers then get another copy from the employer. 

Illustratum
Returning Member

EBB92DEF-7FD0-4E1A-B69D-6C11D137558C.png

No I’m doing the 2019 forums but when I e-file it’s asking me information from my w2s from 2018 

You need your 2018 AGI to efile 2019. The AGI is on 2018 1040 line 7. If you filed a Joint return you use the same AGI for each spouse.

How to find the AGI.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/01/25947

Well now we got down to the brass tacks ... the AGI from the 2018 return is not always the total of the wages on a W-2.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies