Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

userbibicaldwell
Returning Member

TPG has taken most of my tax return.

So,what exactly am I supposed to do now,other than reading my own post by clicking on the help link? Deal with TurboTax ot TBC? How??

Turbo Tax has nothing to do with the refunds at all ... if you had the fees withheld from the federal refund then only the third party processing bank handles that situation so it is they you must deal with.   They must have a reason as to what happened to the rest of the refund.  If the TT fees were withheld from your bank account then only the bank processing fee would have been withheld when the IRS finally released the refund.  The processing bank has as standing arrangement with other processing banks and financial institutions  to "grab"  refunds to satisfy non income tax debts such as back mortgage payments, current or prior year refund loans or fees as well as a variety of other financial debts.  Only they can tell you what happened and you should have gotten a letter of explanation in the mail or an email so check your spam folders or contact the processing bank.

Check  SBTPG:  by logging into their website at:  https://cisc.sbtpg.com/

Or you can get 24-hour automated info by phone at:  https://cisc.sbtpg.com/contact.aspx

userbibicaldwell
Returning Member

Thanks for the links.That's what I thought,that I need to deal with TPG, going to contact them. And,no,I didn't get a letter of explanation or ANYTHING for that matter from them. That is,why I'm so frustrated and now need to hunt down my money...grrrrrr

@@Critter- 

<<The processing bank has as standing arrangement with other processing banks and financial institutions  to "grab"  refunds to satisfy non income tax debts such as back mortgage payments, current or prior year refund loans or fees as well as a variety of other financial debt>>

is this published anyware.  I'd be SHOCKED if this were true (I used to work in Banking).  Obviously the fees related to the tax processing are disclosed but I suspect there are a variety of regulatory discloure requirements that SBTG would have to provide and before deducing any other fee or debt beyond those related to the Turbo Tax Services.  There are a myriad of regulatory disclosures necessary to be a debt-collector ("mortage payments", "refund loans").  If it were not disclosed, the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Board) would be all over this in a heartbeat. 

@userbibicaldwell - we are curious what you find out, so please post the results!

userbibicaldwell
Returning Member

Will do,as soon as I get a real person on the phone.....

@userbibicaldwell 

I used to work for H&R Block and the RAL/RAC bank forms had that info listed in the FINE print and I made sure that I told all my customers that I could not talk out of that choice that this was a possibility.   Save a PDF of the return with the worksheets and read all of the terms of the RAC agreement... you may be surprised.  

userbibicaldwell
Returning Member

So,apparently the amount was reduced by 741$ cause of an issue/error that was in 2019 with my spouse's taxes,who cause of being retired doesn't even need to pay taxes. Back then,they assured her,it was resolved,a mistake on their side but it's not on file with TPG,that's why they reduced my tax refund ( filed jointly)- now we are working on getting the missing amount issued🙄

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies