turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

The Turbotax Amend software is not working. I can't download it and the screen says they can't find the IP address or something. What can I do?

The amendment program for 2017 has been available for 3 years now ... it is the 2019 program that is not available until December.   Make sure you are clicking on the right tax year ...

amend .taxfile.PNG

hmcruzjr

The Turbotax Amend software is not working. I can't download it and the screen says they can't find the IP address or something. What can I do?

I also cant amend the amend link is not available!

hmcruzjr

I cannot amend my return the amend link is not available and I already received notice that my return has been received by the IRS.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

The 1040X form to amend your 2020 tax return is not available until 03/25/2021.  Even though the IRS has received your return, it is best practice not to amend until the return is accepted and either the refund is approved and dispersed, or any taxes owed are paid.

ReferenceHow to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies