turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The government accepted the return

My federal tax returned and state was accepted after have been filed. I received the refund of the state, but instead I got a letter from IRS, zero refund from federal. I have the letter and explanation. I need help to understand the circumstances.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

A common adjustment is if you claimed the Recovery rebate credit on 1040 line 30 when you already got the Stimulus payment or got the second one after you filed or reported the wrong amounts or entered them in the wrong box.  Do you have an amount on line 30?

I need for Turbotax to send me an alert message, when I will talk alive with someone regarding the reason my federal refund is ZERO.

I do not have a copy of my federal tax return and my computer ability is limited, therefor I need your help, simple and straight forward, in order to understand and find out, if the return is will be zero, fix the return, etc.

I do not have a copy of the federal return. I do not know what said on line 30?

You need to get a copy of your return to start figuring it out

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-get-a-copy-of-a-return-i-filed-thi...

Here's an alternate way to print by opening the filed return back up to print at the Print Center, where you can also get the worksheets.

Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section Your Tax Returns & Documents for 2020, look for a link Add a State.  Click on Add a State.  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)

After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.

Then choose Print, save, view this year's return.

The next screen should offer some options:  Just my tax returns or include government worksheets (optional), or include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies