Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

When u call it 1221

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Mine was accept feb 14 and still nothing

I've been calling everyday to irs they say nothing blowing smoke up my butt

Shaysweetbaby
Returning Member

I called the 800 919 number 

Shaysweetbaby
Returning Member

you may have to wait 10 our 15 m8ns but you will get though

I checked my transcripts on the IRS website... there's nothing about my 2020 federal return being accepted. But got an email on February 12 from TT that they have accepted it. Not sure what is going this year.

Just be patient.  I know that's hard.  About a week ago I got the rest of my taxes from 2019 and then I got this years too!  The same day!  When you do get it it'll be worth the wait.  It was a hard year but things are looking up!  More stimulus is on the way too...  I am grateful for that.  Good luck to you.

I hope they will add the 3rd stimulus on my federal refund. Then the wait will be worth it. 🙂 

my return has been in the still being processed stage for weeks now .  however on my h and r block app it says accepted and completed .  funds will be loaded on your emerald card.  why does it say 2 diff things.

Yes the IRS has been screwed up since the pandemic started.  They are still backed up from last year.  I got mine for last year and this year the same day at the end of February.  I'm sure you'll get yours too.  I waiting seven months for last years.  You might see the stimulus before your refund.  The ship will be righted soon.

Good luck...

I am still showing "being processed" after 3 weeks.   I am wondering if there is an bug in the Intuit software for Federal. I submitted on Feb 14th ( 2days after it opened for submission).

I ask - since my state filing (filed at same time) was rejected and Intuit sent me an email that my state tax was rejected because of a bug in the Intuit software.   The state tax was put in a reopen state (the software updated) and I just resubmitted.  Then refund received from state in short order.

Maybe the Fed returns are hung - and should be rejected and resubmitted - there have been several Turbotax updates since mid-Feb.

HB88
Level 5

I have elevated this up to the VP level to hopefully get some information about what Turbotax can do to help.

I believe this is similar than the California ordeal as they have already pushed the taxes to the Fed servers unlike the California returns which were not actually sent out.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@nayaxo

In Process' means your state is still processing your E-filed State Return. Once they have finished processing it, they will give you an expected refund date. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

In my case - it was VA state tax (not CA).   The VA return was transmitted to VA state - but after a couple of weeks, VA rejected it.  Then the email from Intuit about the software bug.

Since Fed and State submitted at the same time - and the Fed was accepted 2 hours after transmission - it is still being processed.  But is it hung and needs to be rejected by Fed so that Turbotax can reopen the return - allows Turbotax software updates, then retransmit.  

I am questioning whether the Turbotax software bug was applicable only to VA state or to both VA state and Fed returns.  Again submitted on Feb 14.

I just wanted to give an update to my situation.

I submitted my Federal Return electronically on Jan 25th, accepted by IRS on Feb 10th.

For about five days the IRS website "wheres my refund" tool showed the status bar processing, after 7 days

the status bar disappeared replaced with the message "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available."

I followed some advice on this site, created a IRS account and viewed my 2020 transcript. 

IRS 2020 status shows "refund has not been received".

I contacted the IRS this morning and found out the reason for the delay could be a computer glitch

but most likely is being held up by: TurboTax Audit Defense program which should have sent a letter out to me with a few additional steps to identify identify online and get the return processed.

After verifying some addtional info, the IRS agent said she would mail a letter to me which will be received in the next 5-10 days. The letter will steps I have to do online on the IRS site to complete my verifrication after that, I should be all set and the return will move to processing right away and will get a exact return date to expect my refund. IRS lady also noted that if I have any issues with the steps online there is a unique number they provide on the letter to contact IRS verification as well. Hope that helps anyone here.

If you signed up for the Turbotax Defense option would highly recommend checking into this scenario..

If you did sign up for Audit Defense and having issues contacting IRS here is some more info.

If you receive any audit or tax notice from the IRS or state taxing agency, contact TaxAudit.com
immediately at [phone number removed]. TaxAudit.com’s customer service office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Good luck.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies