Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bella4795

Taxes

You took $189.00 from me but never filed my taxes. I need my refund A.S.A.P.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Taxes

TT does not file your taxes. YOU must do so by going through the program and hitting the Submit button.

Taxes

Paying your fee did not file your return.   Go all the way through the FILE section and click the big orange button that says "Transmit my returns now".   Then watch your emails.

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Taxes

Or were the fees suppose to come out of your refund but Turbo Tax took it out of your bank account?  

Sounds like the IRS is taking too long to send your refund or reduced it. See What if the IRS reduces your refund or delays it.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payments/help/what-if-my-federal-refund-isn-t-enough-to-cover-my-t...

Then when the IRS does send your refund they won't take the fees out again.

And, Why you got charged,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

You should have received about 4 emails asking for the fees. If you don't pay they will debit your account. You had to agree to it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies