rjohnstn

Taxes Filed but Payment Not Made

My return was e-filed and accepted.  I owed money but after ten days it has not been deducted from my account.  What's going on?  This has never happened before.

Luca_P

Taxes Filed but Payment Not Made

I have the same problem. My federal tax return was accepted on March 26th, 2021, the withdrawal date was supposed to be April 1st, 2021. Today (April 12th, 2021) still nothing was withdrawn from my account.

The bank account number is correct because State tax has been withdrawn on April 2nd, 2021. 

I called EFTPS (IRS e-file Payment Services) they said they have nothing in their system... I don't know what is going on. 

1kewlcat

Taxes Filed but Payment Not Made

same thing with me.  what gives?  the state accepted and withdrew what i owed them.

pattif12

Taxes Filed but Payment Not Made

Here is a TurboTax Help article about this situation. There is nothing to worry about. The IRS is concentrating on issuing refunds at this time.

Luca_P

Taxes Filed but Payment Not Made

The article doesn't say what to do after 10 days and after IRS e-file Payment Services says they do not have anything in their system even if the federal return has been accepted. Should I wait more than 10 days? Why IRS e-file Payment Services cannot find the federal return I submitted with TurboTax? 

pattif12

Taxes Filed but Payment Not Made

Yes, you should wait more than 10 days. The IRS is a little overwhelmed and shorthanded due to the tax law changes. They will withdraw the money. Sorry that there is no better information than to be patient.

Nkashani10

Taxes Filed but Payment Not Made

I'm glad I found this post. I'm in the same boat. Been scrambling all morning to avoid penalties. Turbo Tax said not to worry about it and they will take it in a few days but I don't necessarily trust them. 

Taxes Filed but Payment Not Made

@Nkashani10 wrote:

Federal taxes are not due until May 17, 2021

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-extends-additional-tax-deadlines-for-individuals-to-may-17

caamisanchez21

Taxes Filed but Payment Not Made

Hi, how are you? I have a problem with my tax deposit. I made my declaration on 02/22/2021 and as of today the feds were not deposited, worrying, I decided to review what I had sent and I realized that there was an error and I made an amendment that gave a debt. The IRS took the debt from my account but I still haven't deposited my taxes, what should I do?

ThomasM125

Taxes Filed but Payment Not Made

I think you mean you were due a refund on your original tax return that was filed but you have not received it. You then amended the return and ended up owing taxes, so you paid the balance due. So now you don't know what will happen to the refund you never received.

If so, you just need to wait, as the IRS should send you the refund amount. It is probably just being held up, maybe because of the issue with your tax return needing to be amended.

caamisanchez21

Taxes Filed but Payment Not Made

Yes, thats my situation. So I just need to wait for my hole taxes right?

ThomasM125

Taxes Filed but Payment Not Made

Yes. Also, I am assuming when you completed the amended return you factored in the refund that you should have received. So, the payment you made included the refund amount, so you are due that back. If not, then you may not receive the refund or you may receive it and then have to pay it back.