Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax transcript

I could not get tax transcripts online. I used all the details, received the code in the email etc. and finally got stuck at the stage when the system asks my phone number. It does not recognize my PRE-PAID number. I tried to call IRS but they are not receiving phone calls. They do not seem to be accepting hard copies now. Any alternative suggestions. I need my transcripts to apply for immigration. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Tax transcript

Do you think they will accept fax in this moment? Or is it a good idea to buy a non-pre-paid phone so that I can get my transcripts online?

Thank you for the response. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Tax transcript

@balNgita wrote:

I could not get tax transcripts online. I used all the details, received the code in the email etc. and finally got stuck at the stage when the system asks my phone number. It does not recognize my PRE-PAID number. I tried to call IRS but they are not receiving phone calls. They do not seem to be accepting hard copies now. Any alternative suggestions. I need my transcripts to apply for immigration. 

You cannot use a pre-paid phone, it must be a standard phone in you name that is listed in the phone company records that the IRS checks against.

Since the IRS is not accepting mail requests and phone services is very  limited, then there are no other options at this time other then wait until things return to normal.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Tax transcript

Do you think they will accept fax in this moment? Or is it a good idea to buy a non-pre-paid phone so that I can get my transcripts online?

Tax transcript

@balNgita wrote:

I do  not know of any "fax" option.    I have no idea how long after subscribing to a new phone it takes for the verify data to become available ti the IRS.  (I suspect that the IRS does that through one of the major credit agencies that might take 2-3 months to get new credit data from a phone company).

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
KevN

Tax transcript

I have been trying to get a 2019 tax Return Transcript for close to a month. I am able to get prior years online (2016-18), but I still cannot see the 2019 one. Ironically, I can get 2019 Account Transcripts (since 2015) and Wage & Income Transcripts (for a whole decade!). 

I hope they get their act together fast! I need that for legal purposes and the countdown clock is ticking... 

Earlier this week, I sent in a paper form request for that transcript (Form 4506-T). It was only today I noticed that they supposedly are not accepting them. Time will tell. 

Tax transcript

We may not be able to solve the problem you are having regarding getting your transcript in this abnormal time, but this should be a demonstration of why you should always print out a copy of your tax return for your own records.  Going forward, be sure you do that.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-get-a-copy-of-a-return-i-filed-thi...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Tax transcript

@KevN wrote:

I have been trying to get a 2019 tax Return Transcript for close to a month. I am able to get prior years online (2016-18), but I still cannot see the 2019 one. Ironically, I can get 2019 Account Transcripts (since 2015) and Wage & Income Transcripts (for a whole decade!). 

Has your 2019 tax return been processed and you received your refund, if any?  There will  not be a 2019 transcript  until it has been processed.

Check your refund stratus here:
https://www.irs.gov/refunds

KevN

Tax transcript

I paid over $2,400 in back taxes this year. That was withdrawn from my bank account nearly a month ago. 

Tax transcript

@KevN Do you have  a question for the user forum?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Tax transcript

@KevN 

Balance due returns are not being processed right now to give preference to the returns with refunds due to the backlog of work caused by the virus shut down  ... don't expect the IRS transcripts to be updated until sometime after 7/15/2020. 

KevN

Tax transcript

That is horrid. It is another federal government agency (USCIS) that is requesting that IRS Return Transcript

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies