turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

radedawg2008
Returning Member

Tax Topic 203

I filed the tax refund with married joint return, checked the status this morning with the where's my refund tool with the notice.

Your tax refund has been approved for direct deposit.

However, it may be partially or completely reduced to pay a past due obligation, such as child support, another federal agency debt, or state income tax. If so, the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (BFS), who issues IRS refunds, will send you a notice with the amount of the debt and contact information. The details of the debt are not provided to the IRS. This application will be updated with the refund amount remaining, if any, after the debt is deducted.

The refund amount on the page is still the same, I called the Treasury Offset Program automated number, using my info it says no debt. After trying again with my wife to see if hers has anything the touch keys are not registering with there system. Does anyone have any information to help us out?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

66 Replies

Tax Topic 203

TurboTax does not get any information regarding offsets to your refund, ever.  Your only source of information for this is the IRS and/or BFS.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/tax-refund-offsets-pay-unpaid-debts

Reduced Refund     https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc203

To see back taxes owed 

https://www.irs.gov/uac/view-your-tax-account

NOTE: You can contact the IRS Treasury Offset Program Call Center at 1-800-304-3107 to ask if they have an offset for you on file. TurboTax would not have that information.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/tax-payments/who-can-garnish-an-income-tax-refund/L7cPPzDyc

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Tax Topic 203

I received this same thing and I was able to view my transcript online showing the the code 846 refund issued on 02/26/2020 so I will wait until Wednesday to see if I received it I do owe the Illinois department of revenue but I live in another state this has been going on for at least 4years and I have always received the topic 203 and still got my full refund. It’s just frustrating not to see a date 

Tax Topic 203

I got the same aswell even though I’m not sure what I owe due to I have no balance to pay anyone. It doesn’t say a date or balance for me on the irs page just days it update once per day and if I haven’t receive my taxes by March 2 contact irs 

Amylia403

Tax Topic 203

Same exact thing for us. Hoping the refund comes thru on the 26th but not counting on it. 

Tax Topic 203

I have the same message as well. I know I owe back child support but was wondering why it did not show a DD date. Just said if I don't see it in my bank by march 2nd to contact the irs. Also called the offset nuber to see how much I owed, but said there was no debt. I remember it saying that last year, but I kept calling and it finally updated telling me I owed back child support.

jcbj31

Tax Topic 203

ive had mine called and dont have nothing with my social. please help im a service member. how do you know it will be the 26th 

Tax Topic 203

I got the same message.  Initially my estimated return date was 21 February.  On the 22nd I noticed an updated return date of 24 February.  Then on the 24th it reverted back to 22 February but still no deposit and IRS website is giving me the 203 error message.  I have a very common name so I'm giving it until the 2 March 2020 date and I'll revisit then.

Tax Topic 203

This is my exact story. My cycle code on my tax transcripts say 20200705. I also got a 846 code with a DD date of 2/26/20. However, I also got a 203 tt code. I called the Offset line & I owe $146.99 to the state of PA. I spoke to the PA dept of revenue & they said they will take $146.99 from my state nothing from my federal. I don’t have a date on my WMR only that my refund has been approved for direct deposit. So I guess I will see what happens tomorrow. 

Tax Topic 203

Make sure you press option # 1 & 2 

Tax Topic 203

Question is did you receive it on the DD date your transcripts gave you? 

Tax Topic 203

Yes I did 

Tax Topic 203

Good... Good for you! 

Tax Topic 203

Check or call Santa Barbara bank and check and see if they received your refund and pending deposit

Malieshaw

Tax Topic 203

I completely understand i have the same tt 203 but nothing else no date, it even have the same refund amount, i knew i had student loans but when i called they had said they  didn't see any offset in my account so idk.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies