Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax return

Irs shows refund sent as of 2/5 for direct deposit . Since I chose for TT to take fee from return, is that what’s holding up my deposit ?? My main page here says 2/17 but irs show deposited 2/5.. what’s going on?!!!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

36 Replies

Tax return

I'm having the same problem.  IRS where's my refund says it was sent to my bank on 2/5 but I received nothing

Tax return

When you select to have the TurboTax fees taken out of your return, the deposit is actually sent to an intermediary bank called Santa Barbara Tax Group.  SBTG will receive your deposit and take the fees.  They will then send your deposit sans fees to your bank.  Process usually takes a day or two.  You can check on the progress through SBTG by visiting their site (taxpayer.sbtpg.com).  Select  'Step 2 Check with TPG' on the right side of the screen.  You will need to enter your SSN, filing status and your expected total refund amount.  You should see everything there.

Tax return

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Tax return

I called them and put in my info. They say they haven't received my refund yet. But the IRS where's my refund page has all 3 bars filled and says it was sent on 2/5

Tax return

@Franktvrana That was only yesterday.  Give it a couple more days to post.  It does not post instantly.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Tax return

No offset or money being held for debt ... I also checked the third party bank, shows it haven’t received my refund. *sigh* first time I ever notice 3 bars an nothing deposited .. Normally I get it a day before my DDD smh . I don’t like what’s going on 

Tax return

Mine says the same thing 

Tax return

Third party is sitting on our money. I emailed them and they emailed me back claiming the haven't received it. In all my years when that third bar hits and the IRS says the money was sent then it was sent

Swirv15

Tax return

Having the same problem money says it was sent on the 5th and its the 7th still nothing smh

Tax return

Mines Say the Same. Im annoyed. Im never filing with turbo again. This also has never happened to me before. The irs says website say that it was sent on February 5 2020 and it is now Feb 7. Where is my money?

Tax return

I'm pissed too. We are able to call the IRS Monday and inquire.  They wont look into till then. It means we need a couple of hours to wait on hold. This is also my first time using turbotax and I will never use it again. I paid $80 to Turbotax.  When I call them and ask where the hell is my refund the basically tell me it's not there problem. I see theres a couple of us with the same issue. Let's keep each other update . Lord knows we're not going to get any answers from turbotax 

Tax return

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

Tax return

Me too 

Tax return

Same here ! So mad 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies