Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Payment

Each time I have checked, TurboTax indicates "being processed". About a month has passed. What number can I call to check with the IRS?

btaylorbjt
Returning Member

Tax Payment

Same situation for me.  I filed on 5 April 2021 and my federal taxes were accepted that day with payment to be made that day.  It has been over 10 days and the money is still in my bank account.  

Tax Payment

I'm at 7 business days now. I find it hard to believe it's an IRS backlog issue. If I go to IRS direct pay and use the same bank routing/account info, which I did just 2 days ago to pay estimated taxes, it went through in 2 days.  Something tells me this is a TurboTax problem. Agree we need an admin to come address this. I'd be happy to pay using the IRS website directly, but can't afford to have my tax payment withdrawn twice if this gets fixed later!

Tax Payment

Is there a way to stop payment through turbotax and we pay IRS online directly?????

Tax Payment

IRS  phone #  1-800-829-1040

I tried to call to no avail.

Tax Payment

Eight Hundred - Four Four Six - Eight Eight Four Eight

Tax Payment

or  eight hundred- six two four - nine zero six six

Tax Payment

I spoke with someone at Turbo Tax and they claim it is an IRS problem.  Not sure if believe it but that is their position.    It would be nice if they read the community forum on their own website and addressed the issue affecting a growing number of customers.

Tax Payment

Quit panicking all of you ... first log in and check your payment choice and date.  If your DD info is correct then all you can do is wait until they process your return and make the debit.  Right now ( like last year ) the IRS is overwhelmed and behind  in processing returns.   

ALL the balance due returns are currently on the back burner  while the IRS is busy issuing the third stimulus checks, processing returns with refunds,  reconciling the stimulus credit  AND they still have millions of 2019 returns to process.   

So expect the payment to happen anytime on or after the date you choose and eventually it will happen. 

If you selected Direct Debit from your bank account to pay the Federal taxes owed, that information was sent with your e-filed federal tax return.

Look at the Federal Information Worksheet in Part V.  The bank name, routing number, account number and the date you selected to pay the taxes owed will be entered.  If you did not select Direct Debit from your bank account then nothing will be in Part V.  Look on your Federal Filing Instruction page for how you selected to pay the Federal taxes owed.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

For the State taxes owed the same type of information will be on the State Information Worksheet in Part V of the worksheet and on the State Filing Instructions page.

However most states, if not all, do not allow state taxes owed to be paid by Direct Debit when using tax preparation software.  They require the payment by Direct Debit only when using the State tax authorities website.

scuba92
Returning Member

Tax Payment

Same issue.  Watching this thread.  

Tax Payment

In the future making payments directly on the IRS (or state) website may be preferred ...

https://www.irs.gov/payments/pay-taxes-by-electronic-funds-withdrawal

Tax Payment

I filed on 3/15. Federal is showing paid but not state.

Concerned myself.

Tax Payment

I get delays in reviewing returns by the IRS.   You would think a debit transfer transaction of funds would be automatic as it has been for the last 10 years I have used TT.

Tax Payment

Yes you would think they would make the debits  ASAP   however all balance due returns are not even "being opened" to see if there is a DD listed ... they are simply being shelved.  Just be patient.  

Tax Payment

Same here.  Not their problem.  They said to just keep waiting.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies