turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Payment

Thanks.  What is your info source?  It was helpful but I'd feel better if I knew what it's based on.

Tax Payment

Yes, at least we'd have a confirmation directly from IRS that the payment is scheduled.  We wouldn't be stuck in between TT and IRS pointing fingers at each other.

Tax Payment

This is an IRS issue only ... all the TT program does is pass along the debit  REQUEST with the tax return and it is up to the FEDS/State to complete the debit request.  TT has no control over what the taxing authorities are doing or not doing.   

For instance last year ... I had several clients set up to debit the balance due on the federal returns  AND  to  debit the quarterly payments timely as well.   These returns were all filed and accepted before April  and the IRS took until November to debit not only the balance due but also the first 3 estimated payments. NONE of my clients were sent any late notices or charged any fees  because of the IRS not doing what they needed to do timely.  

So it looks like the IRS is doing it again ... they have put the balance due returns on the back burner to work on other situations first ... they are not just up to their eyeballs in work they are totally underwater.   Nothing you can really do but wait patiently until they get around to doing the debits.  Just don't spend the money ... pretend it is already gone. 

Tax Payment

I'm also in the same boat. It's now April 17 and my tax payment has not been withdrawn from either the state or federal govt.  I don't think it is a good thing for Intuit to keep us hanging without an official response on what will be done about this issue.

tphaas01
Returning Member

Tax Payment

I hope your payment does get deducted from your account.  Last year, I learned the hard way that Intuit/Turbo Tax payment system didn't get my payment to the IRS as scheduled and I got a notice that I owed a penalty on top of my tax owed.  I'm hoping that this year my payment is made/deducted from my bank account, but today makes 11 days, and still no IRS deduction/payment from my bank account.

SBL12

Tax Payment

Thank you for the information Critter-3!  I am in the same situation as everyone else on this post - just wanted to add my name to the list of people dealing with this.

Tax Payment

I too have not had my payment taken out for Federal taxes.  I believe I set April 1 as the date to take out of my account but if I look at my Federal Information Worksheet, it shows no account information in Part V. Interestingly enough, it also show no information in my state's Information Worksheet but my Refund from the state successfully deposited.  When back into turbotax and clicked REVIEW.  This time, it takes me to filling out that account information.  Conclusion?  TURBOTAX Glitch has been fixed but if you already efiled, you will need to MAIL A CHECK???  Argh!  

deb106
Returning Member

Tax Payment

I am not able to get past the payment screen. I get a screen asking if I paid for the product and nothing I click on moves me away from the page so I can finish payment

pkinpie

Tax Payment

In the same boat here in California.  State processed payment but the IRS still hasn't deducted the amount I owe from my checking account.  Double-triple checked my account number and routing number I submitted.  It was supposed to be deducted on April 14 but today is the 19th.  Still not 10 business days yet, but this never happened in previous years.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Tax Payment

Call IRS e-file Payment Services 24/7 at 1-888-353-4537 to inquire about your payment, but please wait 7 to 10 days after your return was accepted before calling.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tax Payment

It has been more than a week now, IRS is still not withdrawn my tax payment from bank. I really don't know where is the problem. Turbo tax support sucks and can't help anything. Does anyone get IRS withdrawn the payment from the bank successfully ?

Tax Payment

The IRS is seriously backlogged again this year due to the new tax law changes among other things so all balance due returns are on the back burner so that the limited staff can concentrate on putting out  third stimulus checks, processing returns with refunds on them ,  re computing returns already filed affected by the recent retroactive tax law changes  AND catching up on the millions of 2019 returns that still have not been processed.

So payment debits are being delayed again this year and will not happen until they get around to actually processing the return.     So if your return has been ACCEPTED for processing and you check  the payment information you entered  and if it is correct  then write out the amount in your account on the day it was supposed to go and eventually it will be.  There will be no penalties or interest if the IRS failed to make the debit on time as long as the request was done correctly on a timely filed return.

How do I review the method I chose to pay my federal income tax with, after filing with TurboTax Online?

You can verify the tax payment method you chose on the Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2020  Federal Tax Return page, next to Balance Due/Refund. To see the page, follow these instructions:

1. Open your return if it’s not already open.
  2. On the [Your name], your 2020  federal return was accepted! screen, scroll down and select Add a State (don’t worry, we’re not adding a state) to access your tax forms and worksheets.
  3. On the left side select Tax Tools then Print Center.
  4. On the TurboTax Print Center screen, select Print, save or preview this year’s return.
  5. On the next TurboTax Print Center screen, select 2020 federal returns and Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional) then select View or print forms.
  6. The information will be on the first page, Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2020 Federal or State Tax Return next to Balance Due/Refund.

In the future may I suggest you pay the federal (and state if allowed) directly on the fed or state websites ... this way you have the control on the timing and get an instant confirmation of the payment.   https://www.irs.gov/payments 

Tax Payment

I don't believe the backlog that you speak of is the issue at all.  I have confirmed they have processed my return and have the transcript.  I am having the same issue and I know others who had to pay and it was done within a day.  I looked at my tax return and noticed 35c is not check for either Checking or Savings.  I clearly remember having it checked, as I have used Turbo Tax for many, many years.  I think this may be causing the payment not to be withdrawn.  It is beyond me that Turbo Tax would allow a return to be filed without an error message or warning.  Now if this is the issue, how do we rectify.  Because trying to talk to a live operator at either Turbo Tax or the IRS is near impossible.

Geomguy
Returning Member

Tax Payment

As self-employed I needed to submit taxes by April 15.

I submitted on April 12 and as of April 19 the IRS has yet to take the money out of my bank.

Thanks for the 7 day warning. I'll keep checking they take my money!

my22
Level 2

Tax Payment

I came back to update my case

1. My Fed and State were accepted on the late March, and I selected April 10 (Saturday) as payment day.

2. State withdrew on April 12. The IRS didn't.

3. I went to IRS website to check my account on April 12 and it was no information available.

4. I went to IRS website to check again on April 16 and it did show the amount I owe and it said it is processing.

5. IRS withdrew today April 19

I did make one phone call to IRS and the answer is useless. Basically the lady said "I don't know" 🙂

I didn't bother to call Turbo Tax.

I hope this information can help you guys

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies