Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax filing pending after 48 hrs, with form 5695

I got my rejection notice from TT last Monday on my Mac computer ... I refiled with H& R Block that day and it was accepted by IRS in minutes.State about 30 minutes.I got my state tax return refund today.

u should have gotten a notice of the rejected form 5695 and the reason...ie,line 21c or whatever was wrong

Personally I would call them...and verify it was rejected...

There iT from TT   in a post Monday tried to say it might be a desk top issue on ur computer...clear cache and history depending on what computer u use.

one person opined that use to work with TT and said in a post said TT lied and never transmitted the returns.

Try updating ur software on ur computer then do the check status, and  or clear cache, or with Mac clear the history...then check e filing status again..to see if the rejection shows up

.or just call them to see if it has been rejected...if they reject it its pretty simple to correct on ur computer ... I left them....so I used H & R block..purchased on amazon for 25 dollars and refiled after I got the rejection from TT....

..downside though  it may or may not import TT return data...u may have to re enter your tax data again...

good luck

oh my2

For those who filed form 5695: Have any of you had your federal refund approved yet? Post your file acceptance and federal refund approved date. 

I am one of those that was caught in the fracas that occurred from using form 5695 on TurboTax. My return was rejected on Monday, February 12 and I fixed it and re-filed the afternoon of February 12. My return was accepted 30 minutes later. My refund was approved this morning February 16. 

I  too was one of those that was caught in the fracas that occurred from using form 5695 on TurboTax. My return was rejected on Monday, February 12 and I fixed it and re-filed the afternoon of February 12. My return was accepted about 15 minutes later and my refund was in my bank account today (16th).  (Wells Fargo is VERY quick with ACH posting as I always get my SS check 4 days before I am supposed to which in fact also arrived today and should be next Wednesday,  😄

Posted by IRS and state Monday and received feb 12th...received federal refund this am...state refund received yesterday

I did refile after rejection with TT with h& R Block

There's a new notification sign-up for at least some of the problems with form 5695, although it does not seem to cover all the problems. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/form-5695/form-5695-excluded-return-file...

Mine was pending for three days and still nothing. I just refilled with FreeTaxUSA at a FRACTION of the cost and got a message about fifteen minutes later that My federal return was already accepted. 

Has anyone gotten theirs approved yet? 

After waiting 3 days for turbo tax and it not even being accepted, I refilled with freetaxusa and it was accepted within an hour last Saturday. Transcripts show it was approved and a ddd of 2/28/2024. 

Unfortunately, mine has not been approved as of yet. Has been in IRS accepted status since February 12th…

@DisneyDad  same! I figured maybe we should see movement next week. 

The IRS accepted my refund - just waiting for it to hit my bank. They said 3/8 I should receive the refund. We shall see 

JeffHT

This Tax preparer on Facebook helped me out in a similar situation. I don’t know the exact mistake I made in my case or the general cause of this problem, but Phil a very professional and knowledgeable Tax preparer was able to figure it out and move me to the next stage . Phil is @ROYALBLADEWORKS on tele gram 475/215/0057 . Now currently waiting for funding  which is also a lot compared to what I’ve gotten when I file for myself 

Has anybody seen any movement on the IRS approving their return? My estimated refund date is March 4th but I’m uncertain that’s actually gonna happen since I haven’t seen an approval yet from the IRS.

@DisneyDad  I don’t even have an estimated refund date. Where do you see that at?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies