Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax filing pending after 48 hrs, with form 5695

I filed on 2–8. Still nothing

@MRC76  I was looking to file else where but now I’m not so sure since  I have a rental and  TT has everything pre saved so it makes it easier. I’d have to sit down and take my time on another site and re enter everything. Idk if you saw on my other comment but it says irs received my return on 2/10.  But still no movement from there. 

@Jennyalmen22 I hear you. I had to reenter everything on H&R Block as well. I just cannot sit here and wait for TT to get their 💩 together. Good luck!

I have the EXACT same situation.  I called yesterday was on phone for 2hrs while they had me do this and that. Nothing worked. IRS doesn’t have the return that’s all I found out.  So it’s sitting in a pending status.  I fixed live 21c after the fact but it is to late, I already transmitted. They should have not let  it go through if there was an update. My only recourse is to file with someone else like tax act.  

What version did you use of H&R Block ? Deluxe?

I itemized and use deluxe with TT just not sure what compares

@Dreis1569 I used Deluxe. First time using H&R Block and I honestly prefer their platform over TT.

Same issue here. Used desktop version. Called support. No help. Said I need to wait for return to be rejected. Checked in Forms. Found error symbol next to form 5695 even though Turbotax said no errors found before transmitting. I was able to clear error by manually entering my address and fixing a checkbox. But not allowed to retransmit. I was only doing a carryover from last year. Should have been simple for Turbotax to transfer info from last years 5695. 

The silence from support is sickening. I’m considering filing elsewhere and doing a charge back for services not performed. 

I'm in the exact same situation. Desktop, Deluxe, for Windows. Spouse in the same situation. 

We're both held for the 5695 form, I guarantee it. 

Zero assistance, said we transmitted the return, it's not on us. 

Then, when I mentioned the red exclamation point the agent mysteriously began having connection issues with my office phone, which is a landline, in a telecom company's central office (it works; guarantee it.)

Turbo Tax is done for me. If this causes audit issues with the IRS, I will go back at them.

@LeticiaF1 You are listed as a Turbotax Employee Expert. Care to chime in and provide guidance on this lengthy thread? 

Just spent 50 minutes online with their "support" and they simply don't have a clue.  They keep telling me I have to wait until it is rejected.  It should been rejected within 24-48hrs.   I think I am just going to use another service (free online taxes of some sort) and refile.  If TT ever goes through it will just get rejected as a duplicate.   20+ years of using TT and this is the first issue I have had with them.  Fortunately, my taxes are VERY simple.

22358B3E-930C-4D2C-B74E-DA31F686710B.png

Why are we all pending at the same time, even though we filed at different times? 

is there anyway that TurboTax could fix the problem, retract the current filing and allow us to file again? 

When I filed on Friday, the app identified the address issue (line21) in form 5695; it claimed to have fixed it after asking me to fill in the information, but in reality, it did not record the corrections so my efile is stuck at pending as well. 

Today, when I check the status, the app reported the same address issue, this time it seems to have recorded it but there is no way I could file again…

After my 2hr conversation yesterday they claim they don’t have the power to take it out of pending status. I just wanted it rejected so I can refile with 21C filled out (address)

they claim it will accept or reject but mine has been almost a week. I don’t think it’ll come out of pending so I’m going to eat the cost of filing with a different software. 

TT claims no; once it's sent, they need to wait for the IRS to accept/reject.

My issue is exactly this; and what does it mean for those of us with semi-correct filing out there. How long is the "timeout" for the IRS to reject it.

Sadly, my taxes are complex. I've decided to rebuild them in H&R Block, and efile again before the end of the week for myself and my spouse. It'll be a long week, but worth it to actually get things moving.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies