I have been trying to reach a live human being at Turbo Tax, but to no avail. The 800 number is a degrading and useless exercise in frustration. I don't speak to computer voices. I was notified by the IRS that I had overpaid my 2019 federal return substantially. It was filed and checked by TurboTax. Yet, the tax calculation was wildly incorrect resulting in a large overpayment. What is going on? Why didn't TurboTax catch this?
For more ways to contact TurboTax, see: What is the TurboTax phone number?
Regarding why there was a variance, it depends on what was entered in your return.
Please download the 2019 forms to verify what was actually filed.
- To download your PDF, see: How do I save my return as a PDF in the TurboTax software for Mac?
- How do I save my return as a PDF in the TurboTax software for Windows?
- To do this in TurboTax Online, follow these steps:
- From the left menu, select Tax Home.
- Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents and Show.
- Select 2020.
- Navigate to the option to download the PDF of your return.
- The forms are named in the top left and lower right hand corners of each page.