How do I save my return as a PDF in the TurboTax s... - Community

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Get the latest stimulus news and tax filing updates.
Intuit

How do I save my return as a PDF in the TurboTax software for Windows?

After you've filed, it's a good idea to save your return as a PDF (Portable Document Format), which can be viewed or printed using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader or Foxit Reader software.

This lets you view and print your tax return if your tax data file (.tax file) gets corrupted or if you no longer have the TurboTax software installed on your system.

Instructions

1. Open your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the upper-right corner, near the top, click Print Center (or, you can choose Save to PDF from the File menu in the extreme upper-left corner).
  3. Select the forms you would like to generate, then click Save As PDF.
  4. In the Save As window, change the default location if desired, then click Save.

If you make changes to your original return, repeat these steps to ensure your .tax file and PDF copy are synchronized.

To print from the PDF file, open the PDF and click the printer icon. If you don't see this, try the tips in Adobe's Print PDFs support document.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post