turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

croby01
Returning Member

Stimulus

I owe taxes in 2019 of around $50. Will I still get a stimulus check even though I owe taxes? It’s obviously close to the fact stimulus’s are coming out so is it worth it to file at this point? Not sure if they will be able to even see my direct deposit info since close to them sending them out.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Stimulus

yes, you will.  they will not offset or garnish the stimulus payments if you owe back taxes

I would go ahead and file... and be sure to indicate your want the IRS to automatically debit your bank account on JULY 15 - that way you have filed and they have your bank account info but you don't have to pay what you owe until July

does that work? 

croby01
Returning Member

Stimulus

Yes. But the $50 I owe isn’t for back taxes it’s what I owe for 2019. I’m not getting a federal refund so not sure if that still qualifies me for a stimulus check or not.

Stimulus

@croby01 i didn't mean to confuse you.... if you owe for 2019, it won't impact you receiving your stimulus payment - they are independent events. 

but the only way to get your banking information to the IRS (at the moment) is to file using the process i described 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies