turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Status still Pending

@82cevet wrote:

I e-filed on January 14. Have not received confirmation email from TurboTax. This is Feb 16 still pending. Why? I have been a TurboTax user for many years and still have all of the cd's I purchased. I get the feeling something is wrong with TurboTax for 2020. My youngest daughter's taxes were filed on January 30 and still pending also. Since the IRS is accepting now, I am thinking I should amend my return in some small way and file to see if that works.

The IRS did not officially start accepting and rejecting federal tax returns until 02/12/2021.  So it has only been 4 days since federal tax returns have started to be pulled by the IRS from the TurboTax servers, regardless of when you e-filed your tax return in January.

The IRS has to pull millions and millions of tax returns from servers throughout the country after the official IRS start date of 02/12/2021.

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

KK94
Level 3

Status still Pending

I filed on January 21st and mine is still pending.  I don't understand how you can file on February 3rd and yours is accepted before mine is.  Makes no sense.

Remi29
Returning Member

Status still Pending

Direct deposit

Status still Pending

I received an email from turbo tax saying my refund was accepted 2/12 however when i check The irs website it doesn’t say that, just says no information available ? 

Status still Pending

@Ashe9811 wrote:

I received an email from turbo tax saying my refund was accepted 2/12 however when i check The irs website it doesn’t say that, just says no information available ? 

The IRS website says the information is wrong or not available is because the IRS has not yet started to process the 2020 tax return after accepting the tax return.  When the IRS starts to process the tax return then there will be a status on the IRS website.

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Status still Pending

Being accepted for processing is only the first step. Once the IRS starts processing the return then it will show up on the where's my refund tool. As others have said the IRS does not pull in first in first out order nor does it process in first in first out order. If TurboTax indicated the IRS is accepted the return for processing then all you can do is wait patiently as the IRS processes the return. There's no one you can call to make the process go faster so take a deep breath and check the IRS site every couple of days until you see progress.  FYI... You can have your refund in your pocket and spent before the IRS where's my refund tool says it's even been processed so don't hang your hat on the accuracy of that tool.

Status still Pending

I've learned one thing this tax year...NEVER file taxes early. I've used turbo tax for 8+ years and always filed a week or 2 after IRS begins accepting tax returns. I filed this year on 2/1/21 and my state return is still in "pending" status, 5 days after my federal return was accepted. 

My friend who lives in the same state filed via Turbotax yesterday 2/15/21 and both his returns were accepted immediately within the hour. He technically should be placed behind me in line but guess not?

Status still Pending

This concerns me because I filed on 2/3 still pending.. I thought it was because I claimed the second stimulus was not received so I thought that was holding it up.. But that can't be it because my brother just filed his e-filed an half hour ago and he claimed the second stimulus was not received his return was accepted within 15 minutes by the IRS.  So something is wrong... 4  other family member's have filed since Feb 3rd and ALL have been accepted..  I think TURBO TAX needs to look into this.. I called and was told I just need to wait and told be glad I didn't get a rejection.. I would rather get a rejection then I will know what wrong. 

Status still Pending

Hopefully we'll get soon. 

Status still Pending

Hopefully if anyone gets approved or a direct deposit date they will share it 

Status still Pending

This definitely looks to be a TurboTax issue not an IRS issue as so many returns filed after ours have been accepted.  TurboTax needs to tell us where are returns stand rather than continue to just say wait 48hrs.  This is crazy.  Been a customer for many years, but this may be the last.

Status still Pending

So have I and I agree 

Status still Pending

I filed on 2/10/21. Still in pending status as of today. I called TurboTax  and I was given round about but told to keep on watching. After reading all replies makes me feel little better that I am not the only person has same problem. In the past I used to get acceptance of Federal & State Tax Returns within 4-6 Hours.  I have been using TurboTax more than 15 years. Never had this experience.

kenyup

Status still Pending

Same here. I e-file my Federal on 01-29-2021 and IRS still not receive my return yet. My son did his e-File today and get back from IRS 3 hours later. Is that supposed to be FIFO? Called TurboTax support and no help either.

Ken

Status still Pending

Already on it. Been looking at alternatives, HR Block self online tax return will be my first try next year 2021. After 8+ years, it's been a solid run with TurboTax but the lack of transparency did them in here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies