turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't find taxes from last year. I did efile can you help. Have a new computer this year so can't get information

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JudyTR

Can't find taxes from last year. I did efile can you help. Have a new computer this year so can't get information

Multiply accounts is often the reason users are unable to find their tax returns they filed with the TurboTax online software.  You have to sign into the same account that you used to file the tax return you are looking for.  Below are some directions that will help you find all the usernames linked to an email address.  Sign into each account until you find the tax return you are looking for.

**click>  Begin our account recovery process.

**Enter your email address

**Click Continue to get an e-mailed list of all accounts tied to that email. 

**Repeat Step 1-3 for any other email addresses you may have.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
JudyTR

did you use TurboTax online?

I did and I had a copy saved but old computer crashed and did not have it backed up.  New computer this year.  Please help

tried your suggestion but when i clicked on the sight went to bottom of page and clicked but doesn't give e anything
JudyTR

JudyTR

so when you clicked the below link it didn't take you to the screen to enter your email?  copy and paste the above link

tried again the site puts not started at the end of account-recovery
JudyTR

do you have more than one email address?  I will have to do some research because I haven't had any clients have that message.  Let me verify one more time that you used the online software and not the CD/download software?
JudyTR

I found this also. .. I will keep looking for more solutions

*** please select the option that says "I don't know my email or User ID". This will prompt you to enter some personal information and let you know whether or not you have multiple accounts.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery">https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery</a>

sorry I used the cd download. so sorry can you still help
JudyTR

TurboTax won't have a copy of what was on your cd/download.  You can request a transcript from the IRS so you will have a copy for your records.  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript">https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript</a>
JudyTR

Multiply accounts is often the reason users are unable to find their tax returns they filed with the TurboTax online software.  You have to sign into the same account that you used to file the tax return you are looking for.  Below are some directions that will help you find all the usernames linked to an email address.  Sign into each account until you find the tax return you are looking for.

**click>  Begin our account recovery process.

**Enter your email address

**Click Continue to get an e-mailed list of all accounts tied to that email. 

**Repeat Step 1-3 for any other email addresses you may have.

JBBURGER

MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS [email address removed]. 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

To access a prior year return, please reference the Help Article here.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies