Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

So i efiled for state but it filed the federal return which i clearly know i did click to not file and it did. how do i fix that.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

So i efiled for state but it filed the federal return which i clearly know i did click to not file and it did. how do i fix that.

First of all you can't efile the state unless the federal was first efiled and accepted.  So if you efiled federal there is nothing you can do to stop it unless it rejects for something.  Just wait and see.  If your federal gets accepted then file state or see if it went through too.

if you only wanted to file state without federal you needed to,print and mail state.  You can file state before Federal but you have to mail state.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/can-i-e-file-my-state-return-before-my-federal/00/2554...

You have to first fill out federal for it to flow to state and pay the fees for both by credit card.

If you had efiled the fed return successfully earlier this year  and are now just trying to efile the state the program may push thru the fed again as well which the IRS will simply reject the duplicate filing however this will release the state return.   Watch for the email confirmations. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies