Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should I file an amended return via turbotax to include Form 2210 that I failed to include in my initial filing?

I use the annualization method to demonstrate timely estimated payments.  Somehow the turbotax system did not prompt me (or I missed the prompt) re: Form 2210. I failed to realize it was not included with my initial filing until receiving a penalty notice a couple of months after filing.  I'm guessing an amended return is the way to go but I don't want to head down the wrong path!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Should I file an amended return via turbotax to include Form 2210 that I failed to include in my initial filing?

Thanks for the lead.  I spoke with the Service and the advisor confirmed I should file an amended return, including Form 2210.  He emphasized including a brief explanation in Part III to highlight the reason for amendment (i.e. amending to include Form 2210 that was inadvertently omitted.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You really cannot amend for a penalty reduction ... call the number on the notice and see if they will accept a form 2210 in response to the notice. 

Thanks for the lead.  I spoke with the Service and the advisor confirmed I should file an amended return, including Form 2210.  He emphasized including a brief explanation in Part III to highlight the reason for amendment (i.e. amending to include Form 2210 that was inadvertently omitted.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies