turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Second stimulus,is it being sent back to the IRS due to Santa Barbara bank?

I sure hope so i have been a loyal turbo customer and they had the 1st stimulus check on point went rite into my bank acct now for some reason im sitting here like ok what happened nothing changed on my part in 4 years but no 2nd check!?

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

To check on your second stimulus payment, please follow these steps:

1. Check the IRS Get My Payment tool. The tool should tell you where your stimulus payment was
    deposited or mailed. The IRS has indicated there’s nothing you can do to change where they send your payment.
  2. If your payment was delivered to a prepaid Turbo® Visa® Debit Card and you no longer have it, we’ll help you get a replacement card at no cost.  Just click on this link:  Get a replacement card 
  3. If you paid for TurboTax with your refund last year, we have given the IRS your correct account
    information and they are working to send your payment within days.
  4. If you were entitled to a stimulus payment but did not receive one, and you didn’t pay for TurboTax with your refund last year, you may need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 taxes to get your money.

For more information, please click on the following links:  

That has been fixed and the money is going into the right bank accounts.

OK well have take out my refund but I use my own bank routing number , not prepaid card they offer yet nothing for me. And turbo tax hasn't sent email.

Sad thing is I filed my taxes already before this crap happened 🤬🤬

I used the option to have my fees deducted from my return, but I didn't get the email that was sent out yesterday by Turbo tax stating that my second stimulus payment will be sent out. Does that mean I'm not getting it? I know I qualify for the direct deposit but since I didn't get the email I'm very worried (I checked all mailboxes and I regularly get product emails from Turbo tax). 

Mony

Please do not keep sending us emails, that only gives us false hope. 

The IRS sent the money to the wrong bank.  Maybe we should boycott them.

We did too and the website for IRS has consistently said not available when we put my husband's social in. I put my social in and it said the check was being mailed like turbo tax update's stated would happen. If you filed with someone else, check their social in the site. I think the IRS was moving so fast, they screwed up a lot of stuff..lol..never assume they got it right or should have..lol.😉

brankh16

Ridiculous runaround bull**bleep**. Mine says information not available. I paid out of refund, got the dumbass email, and still no answers, no date, and no body answers your **bleep**ing phone. Tell me if I'll get the **bleep**ing deposit. I bet ur **bleep**in ass got urs. Piece of **bleep**

Hi, i just had a quick question about the stimulus check, i had my bank account i used for 2019 taxes closed last year and could not update the information at the IRS. Will i still get a Stimulus check in the mail or will i have to claim it on my tax return for 2020?

@Murasame851 wrote:

Hi, i just had a quick question about the stimulus check, i had my bank account i used for 2019 taxes closed last year and could not update the information at the IRS. Will i still get a Stimulus check in the mail or will i have to claim it on my tax return for 2020?

First you have to check the IRS payment site.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

It might say a payment was issued, a check was mailed, or "information not available."

If you did not use refund transfer, the deposit from the IRS will probably bounce off the closed account.  The IRS won't have time to mail a check before the January 15 deadline so you will have to request the credit on your return.

If you did use refund transfer, then the deposit will probably bounce when SBTPG tries to send it to your closed account, and you will again have to request a credit on your tax return. 

Thank you for the info, i did not use the refund transfer as i didnot know about it. I also read that Turbo has yet to update the 1040 forms for the stimulus rebate credit, will it be after the jan 15 deadline? 

@Murasame851 wrote:

Thank you for the info, i did not use the refund transfer as i didnot know about it. I also read that Turbo has yet to update the 1040 forms for the stimulus rebate credit, will it be after the jan 15 deadline? 

I believe all versions of turbotax include both rounds of EIP as of this morning.   If you are using the program installed on your own computer, you will have to download and install an update. 

I filed as a non filer with Turbo Tax and it was free so there were no fees.  I have not received ANY emails from Turbo Tax as others have. I also have no updates on my tax transcript since August and the Get My Payment says info not available,  it has not updated or you will not be getting a check.

None of my information,  including bank account and income has changed. I got the 1st stimulus through direct deposit.  

I thought being a nonfiler meant I was eligible?  I would appreciate some insight, none of the links or websites answer my question. Also, since I'm a nonfiler how am I supposed to get the recovery Rebate credit if I dont file taxes?

Thank you.  

@Llaneyy7  wrote:

I filed as a non filer with Turbo Tax and it was free so there were no fees.  I have not received ANY emails from Turbo Tax as others have. I also have no updates on my tax transcript since August and the Get My Payment says info not available,  it has not updated or you will not be getting a check.

None of my information,  including bank account and income has changed. I got the 1st stimulus through direct deposit.  

I thought being a nonfiler meant I was eligible?  I would appreciate some insight, none of the links or websites answer my question. Also, since I'm a nonfiler how am I supposed to get the recovery Rebate credit if I dont file taxes?

Thank you.  

I don't understand your situation.  If the IRS paid round 1 directly into your bank after you did the non-filer form, they should have put round 2 in the same place.  I'm sorry I can't tell you most but all we have to go on is the IRS "get my payment" web site.

You can file a tax return even if you are not required to.  If you don't have any taxable income at all, you will need to enter $1 of bank interest, since you can't e-file with zero income.  The IRS knows about the $1 trick and has never objected before, it won't cost you any taxes.  You would claim the stimulus on form 1040 line 30 and get the credit deposited to your account as a tax refund. 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies