Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group- Holding Tax Refund and Will not respond

Lol facts. I’m disgusted by TurboTax and all of its affiliates. Santa Barbara Tax Products Group is holding my money fraudulently. It’s been over a year.  The automated system won’t  accept my social, therefore I can’t speak to anyone. Then they refuse to respond to the inquires I submitted on their site. 😡😡😡😡😡. I would say to contact the http://federalreserveconsumerhelp.gov/  to file a formal complaint because this is the entity that oversees this fraudulent bank which is also associated with Greendot. 

It's clear the the original poster has already contacted these sources without success.

Easy to click right into one of these "traps".  In this case routing the refund to Intuit for possibly the $25 state efile fee, or if you purchased the Audit Defense product.  You may have click right past it , like I did, and was wondering why am I being charged $45.  Had to go further back to the beginning of the "file my return" section to not choose the option mentioned above.  I'm very disappointed in Intuit, since I have been using this product since the 3.5" floppy days ("Please insert disks #5."), but this is likely my last year using it.

Screenshot_20220411-173804_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20220411-173804_One UI Home.jpg

I've called them, TPG numerous times, sat on the phone for hours and have emailed them to many times to count. Been hung up on too many times.

I have been told on  different dates via voice messages that my refund has  either been deposited, bank check sent out. 2-24-22, 3-16-22, 3-28-22, 4-4-22,

4-11-22, 4-12-22. 

The one time I reached an actual person, they stated account number error. 

Their website states that if an account number error occurs, they will send a bank check. Waiting since 2-24-22, since the IRS deposited funds and TPG said it was funded and sent out.

I contacted TurboTax, they stated that the bank DOES NOT issue checks and that I need to contact the IRS. Good luck with that.. IRS states that they are too busy for issue like ours and contact them later

The IRS website states that they are not responsible and contact TPG. If they do not respond,  it's now a civil matter.

I can try to get the IRS to help if I get an appointment, fill out the paperwork and send it in via snail mail. Hopefully they can get to it sooner than later.

So now what do we do ?

bddzl7v

Got my Federal tax refund notice from TPG products. Expecting $4922 received $2055.00.

Where is my $2867.00 that is owed to me. Tried contacting Turbo Tax, TPG Products, getting nowhere,

Intuit and Tyrbo Tax has let myself and from what I can see many more more people.  Greendot Bank never heard of them, how do I contact them??? Just scammed by this lost money. HELP!!!!!!

MLI666
Returning Member

This is unprofessional and unacceptable. I don't believe I can use TurboTax anymore if my money is going to be withheld from me by a shady third party. I hope your company can redeem itself  by fixing this. But I am enraged in the fact that this happened in the first place.

MLI666
Returning Member

This is unprofessional and unacceptable. I don't believe I can use TurboTax anymore if my money is going to be withheld from me by a shady third party. I hope your company can redeem itself  by fixing this. But I am enraged in the fact that this happened in the first place.

Contact California Attorney Generals office 

Contact Us | State of California - Department of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

They will help you resolve the matter quickly.

Good luck

Blinged4u
Returning Member

I'm having the same issue as everyone else. I file through Taxslayer every year same as always with direct deposit and this year the shadiness starts. So far of my state, they took an extra $64 preparation fee in which I did my on preparations and now I'm getting the runaround. I will start filing a complaint tomorrow. I called and held online 3 times for over an hour only to finally speak with someone named Eileen who told me to contact the IRS. She proceeded to tell me that she wasn't going to argue with me when I asked her to explain what was going on and these fees are suddenly being drafted. She told me the fees were from TurboTax and that I was taking it personal when I told her that I didn't file through TurboTax I filed through Taxslayer. From there she wouldn't let me say anything else. She started going off, her baby started crying in the midst then I was placed on hold again or muted because it was silence. She didn't say hold on or anything. At this point I'm livid and I started losing my cool. I held for another 10 minutes before she just hung up completely. I'm not sure if Taxslayer and TurboTax are connected which seems to be the case but this is ridiculous. 

LondonBee

WoW Im very sorry all of you have been experiencing all these issues with the company and its subsidiaries. Specially in the times we find ourselves and the financial hardships. Not to mention the inflation is just bizarre! Now more than ever people need their money.

I came here to read up on a topic regarding the returns being rejected for e-file due to SSN being erroneous  supposedly (obviously is not). Mind I just received my returns from 2020. So how is it possible that the information does not match or that I have to prove the dependent is in fact my child. I would be more understanding if it were the first time I was filling with Turbo Tax but I have been using them since 2016 tax season and many years prior to that before the gap in doing business with H&R Block. Which I left HR Block bc an agents fraudulent activities and H&R Block kept them on board after such ordeal.

Ok so prior to that my AIG is incorrect. Mind you not only due I have the returns from last year,Turbo has them on file and  I have also an IRS transcript. Yet was still being told the AIG does not match. I read help topic they suggested at times to just put zero so I did and walah!!! problem solved , so when I received my next reject notification regarding the dependent SSN. I began to conclude this has nothing to do with the IRS. I came to the conclusion that Turbo Tax needs to update the info they have to cross reference customers identity in order to e-file. How is it they know about putting zero bc it has happened of course but also bc they are obviously aware their data bank has yet to be updated since who knows when.

Thats why many people are rejected and have to mail their returns. God knows how they benefit from this as a company if they do.

They need to take accountability as a company and be more transparent with the customer. Most importantly bc of the sensitive information they are handling.

I know I went left with my comment but I want to say that im glad I was side tracked and read this message thread bc I was about to make the biggest mistake and have the fees processed via a third party company that’s obviously incompetent.

So I do want to say thank you!!!! Oh so very much to everyone who has posted their personal experience with hopes in finding a resolution and in return allows for others to read and be cautious and hopefully avoid other from going through such frustration.

I know at the moment it may not seem much to the parties effected by this companies bad dealings but in support to your distress and anyone else’s.

I will be taking my business elsewhere come next tax season. Besides filing complaints we need to boycott them bc honestly they know the system and have their ways around it but guess what loss of revenue well that there is no trick up their sleeve to recuperate from that

Only then we will catch their attention. Once they see a huge decline in  subscribers and revenue yeah only then they're going to take customers complaints such as these serious. Only then will they respect the customer and take action in the matter.

#TogetherWecan hold them accountable. #ConsumerPower is what I suggest we begin to impose on them.

Dont forget if you see something say something and most importantly do something. This abuse from big corporations and neglect is unacceptable! Enough is enough!

No need to say Ill be paying directly for my tax prep and if possible processing them entirely with a different company. Good luck to everyone. Hope to see the matter resolved with each and every customer. 

Going forward, you can avoid all this (and save the extra charge) by paying your TT fees upfront with a credit or debit card.  That way, your refund goes directly from the IRS to you.

Or, better yet, change your withholding so that you get more money during the year. Why give the government an interest free loan all year?

I got through to turbo tax they told me the IRS had sent my check to Santa Barbara but when I go to check my refund status on the IRS page it tells me my refund has been delayed past the normal time frame.i have tried contacting the IRS and I keep getting in touch with turbo tax and they keep telling me it was sent but the IRS took it back 

It looks that the covid virus attacked mostly the brains, than the respiratory system. Not only TT, but ALL the services in the USA are worse than in the past. And there is no vaccine announcement to solve the services in usa. In 20 years, I did not see such poor quality like now.

A class action is no use for us. It is good for the lawyers.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies