Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Return Still Being Process After 3 Weeks and No Stimulus Check

TurboTax does NOT say your refund should be approved in 2 days.  It says your return should be ACCEPTED within two days, and yours has been.  As far as processing goes, TurboTax repeats what the IRS says, which is that most returns are approved and sent out out within 21 days.

This is obviously not a normal year, since IRS personnel have been redirected to getting stimulus checks out, so it will take longer to process returns.  The IRS has indicated that they hope to refocus on processing returns after April 15th, but that's not definite.

Your return needs to be processed before you receive a stimulus check.

• Screenshot_20200422-222109_Google.jpg

Cdw1

Well I had no income in 2018 so didn’t have to file. Filed 2019 April 1st and getting the returns being processed. It just goes to show how the fat cats in the Silicon Valley can just sit back and take no responsibility. This is absolute BS. I will never use Turbo tax again. They should have been on top of this. 

These messages are making me feel much better. Obviously, I'd like to have my refund now, but I was worried I had done something wrong on my taxes. Perhaps the IRS is just really slow this year.  I had my return accepted on 3/17 and my refund is still processing.  Very annoying, especially since the IRS is not talking to anyone.  I did get my stimulus, but from what I'm reading here, it sounds like that's hit or miss too with the IRS.  I have been very happy with TurboTax over the years, and this year is no exception.  My return was accepted by the IRS.  Until I know that the reason for the delay is something that the TurboTax program did, I have no reason to think that the problem is anything other than the IRS.

and the IRS is dealing with all this work dealing with the stimulus and having employees out with pandemic issues

Darsh
Returning Member

My taxes was sent in over 6 weeks ago and on their site says it has been accepted and said that would get back to me with a date the refund would be sent out.  How long does it normally take to get a refund?

Since this is not a normal year, by any means, it's pretty impossible to guess when the IRS will be able to get back to processing tax returns instead of stimulus checks, and you will likely not get  a check until your return is processed.

I have had trouble with the Kansas City office. IRS acts like they haven't recieved the return. This has happen to 4 people I know.

I’m in the same boat and so beyond frustrated. Have you heard anything yet?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

There is a delay in processing the returns as the IRS is not processing paper returns at the moment due to Covid-19 and social distancing policies in effect.  

IRS operations

Go here for stimulus info:  https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

This FAQ site may also answer your questions.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

To anyone still waiting: I've been trying everything and watching all the info with no help.

Just today the Get My Payment tool recognized that I am eligible for the stimulus and allowed me to enter my banking info. So, though my 2019 Tax Return is still in process, they were able to flag me for eligibility. I'd say make sure to keep checking the Get My Payment tool, but returns are going to be delayed further.

I’m in the same situation. Return Still a Being Processed & no Get My Payment recognition. Very frustrating. Need my stimulus check. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

There is a delay in processing the returns as the IRS is not processing paper returns at the moment due to Covid-19 and social distancing policies in effect.  

IRS operations

Go here for stimulus info:  https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

This FAQ site may also answer your questions.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Been almost 3 months since I e-filed (2/16)...IRS website says “still processing”! I have been filing taxes for 37 years, and I’ve used Turbo Tax for the last 27 of those years. I have never had a problem with the IRS, I’ve never owed the IRS, my return is as basic as they get. What is the freaking hold up? This is ridiculous! I should have had my return BEFORE the Covid crisis even began!

I don't think it's a TurboTax issue. My husband and I filed jointly with TurboTax and the return was accepted and we got the stimulus payments about a week or two later. Our son filed via EZTaxReturn 3-4 weeks ago and he is still getting the " being processed" statement from the IRS and Get My Payment says it can't verify he's eligible for the stimulus, as stated above.  So he has not received his refund, nor the stimulus check, either.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies