Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Fuzzz316
Returning Member

Return sent

Where's my refund has said all day today that my return is scheduled to be deposit in my account on 6/16 then I checked it about an hour ago at 1am on the 17th and it now says that it was sent to my bank on 6/16 does that mean that it was sent between the hours of 12am and 1am on the 17th because it is still not in my chime account and chime said they credit the accounts as soon as they get the direct deposi

But its still not in my account and I know it takes a few hours so basically I just want to know if it was most likely was sent to my account between 12am and 1am on 6/17?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Return sent

@ Fuzzz316 wrote:

Where's my refund has said all day today that my return is scheduled to be deposit in my account on 6/16 then I checked it about an hour ago at 1am on the 17th and it now says that it was sent to my bank on 6/16 does that mean that it was sent between the hours of 12am and 1am on the 17th because it is still not in my chime account and chime said they credit the accounts as soon as they get the direct deposi

But its still not in my account and I know it takes a few hours so basically I just want to know if it was most likely was sent to my account between 12am and 1am on 6/17?

No one in a user community forum is going to know when the IRS actually sends a specific deposit.  It sends tens of thousands each day.    The IRS does say it can take "up to" 5 days, but it usually doesn't take that long.

However, there may be another link in the chain that you can check in the meantime if you used the following service:

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund?  If so, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.)   If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG) using their refund lookup tool.

Fuzzz316
Returning Member

Return sent

No when I did my return with turbo tax it was march 15th and it was free to me i didn't have to pay anything.

Return sent

Then all you can do is watch your online bank account and check with your bank occasionally.   With an ACH deposit, a bank sometimes gets a "heads up" that a deposit is on the way.

Fuzzz316
Returning Member

Return sent

I use chime and I spoke to them and at the time the where's my refund tool said it us scheduled to be deposited on the 16th but it never said that it was sent until about 1am this morning so I just thought that they sent it over to chime between 12am and 1am on the 17 cause chime said they don't hold it when they get it they post it and they said they do this 24/7

Return sent

I don't think anyone is going to be able to help you pin down anything more precise.  An ACH automated electronic transfer is a scheduled process; it is not like a wire transfer, which is immediate.    So when the IRS says "sent", I don't know how quickly that mean funds are actually flowing; i.e, I don't know if that means they released it to a queue/batch to enter the ACH system or if the funds have physically left the IRS, or what.

Fuzzz316
Returning Member

Return sent

Ok I would like to thank everyone that helped in answering my question. Everyone be safe

Return sent

You're welcome.  I bet you'll get it before long--if not today, maybe the next.    Maybe you'll be lucky and wake up to a deposit later this AM.  Good luck.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies