turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Rejection and refusal

I filed for a stimulus check this year, though I never did taxes before.. but my application was rejected. The thing is: my siblings are all in a similar situation, but received theirs immediately. I try to get back in touch to see if I messed up anywhere, but Turbo tax wouldn't let me back in my account for 2 days. What happened? Why was I kicked out? Is it still possible to receive anything?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Rejection and refusal

If your return was rejected, you should receive an email with the reason and how to correct.  I do not know why you are locked out of your account,.

Rejection and refusal

@legendarii We cannot see any of your information, nor did you share anything except that your siblings got stimulus checks and you did not.   We do not know how old you are or whether you can be claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return.   You say you have never filed a tax return before, so it makes me wonder if you are a student or young enough/low income enough to be claimed as a dependent on someone else's return.  If you can be claimed as a dependent, you are not eligible to receive a stimulus check.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/dependents/help/when-do-i-have-to-answer-yes-to-being-claimed-as-a...

As for why your return was rejected---what was the rejection message/code in the email that said your return was rejected?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Rejection and refusal

I'm the oldest of my siblings, but we all have had enough misfortune (and made enough mistakes) to recieive horribly low income. Nobody here can be claimed as a dependent, and there was no reasonable explanation for my rejection. 

I will tell the truth; I finally did get approved, but it came as a surprise. I honestly don't remember what changed. Though,  I hope this doesn't happen again; I'd like to know why/how I'm eligible but rejected, IF I'm turned away from anything again. (I'd understand if I couldn't get it at all, but every other site said I qualified, until I applied)

Rejection and refusal

@legendarii Rejections for e-files come from the IRS.   Unless we know exactly what the rejection code or rejection message you received said, we do not know why your e-file was rejected.   But you say that it was now accepted?   Good news---so wait for the IRS to process it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies