Re: Refund - Page 67

lstewart0312

Refund

Did you happen to have a 1095 A form you filled out? If so, the IRS will need that. I got a letter about 3 weeks after they excepted my return.

uckylop

Refund

They went from sending me info saying I need an income adjustment to me getting an advocater to them finally sending my refund $6000 dollars short talking about  I owe for food stamps or Medicaid something like that currently waiting for a letter smfh

Happy 3

Refund

I file on January 19,2020 , was accepted January 23,2020, so were is my refund? It's now 2 months later and still have not received my refund!!!

Refund

@Happy 3 wrote:

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Run215

Refund

Yess I did the same way. And I she’ll have t gotten my tax yet. I been calling for days and they not taking any phone calls. I even check on the IRS2GO is says being process. Nothing helps I don’t know what to do ?

Refund

@Run215 wrote:

Then your only option is to be patient and wait for the IRS to start answering the phones.  Check daily.

kyreacher

Refund

The IRS is saying they pulling some out for random review. [ received mine on 4/1/20 after 65 days after it was accepted. I had to get an Advocate involved. You should call the IRS tomorrow and ask them if has ben posted yet mine was accepted on 1/29 but did not post until 03/09 and it was supposed to take another 45 days from that the advocate started helping me on 02/09 and it to a little over 3 weeks to get it.

Mdyroff42

Refund

Well that’s not telling us anything I have a child to support and we are paying you guys ( turbo tax) so we don’t have this problem I think we expect more of an answer from you

Jns1stkd

Refund

I got a call 2 weeks ago saying an advocate would cal me last week Tuesday. Never got a call. I called the number they gave me last Wednesday for the advocate no answer left a voicemail. Still ah ent gotten a call back. Not sure if they are “essential” employees so don’t know if they are open or not. But 2 weeks ago the lady that called me said my taxes were scheduled for the 28-29 of April. So idk if I should just leave it at that or call the IRS again

BMA1

Refund

No 1095 A, I have a 1095 C though.

Devans0714

Refund

@Mdyroff42You are not going to get anything but canned responses from these so-called champions and Turbo Tax employees because they know that their software was screwed up hence the critical update that was released almost two weeks after people started using their software.  

1. If you are lucky enough to get through to a live IRS agent, tell them your hardship and request and advocate.  Do not just let someone tell you all you can do it sit and wait.  You have options.  They just don't want to tell you what to do and the proper steps you can take in order to get your refund expedited.  

2.  If Turbo Tax does debit your account, dispute the charge.  It doesn't matter if your refund is delayed, if you requested TT to take your fees from your refund, when your refund is processed they are going to take it out no matter whether TT takes out the money from your account before you get your refund and I will bet that TT will not refund your fees once your refund is processed.

Princessalucky

Refund

I filed my refund on February 22nd. It was recieved by IRS on the 24th. I had eic I have not yet recieved my refund it still says still being processed. When will I get my refund it is direct deposit?

dssavage

Refund

I filed on 3/2 and was expecting the refund on 3/25.  You can't speak to a live body at the IRS now.  I think all you can do is send them a letter at this point.  Their refund status page just states that the return is being processed.  It has been a month now.

DLYNNSHAM

Refund

How do you get an advocate?

Refund

@DLYNNSHAM wrote:

How do you get an advocate?

See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate