Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund

@BMA1...it appears that instead of 9 out of 10 getting their refunds within 21 days, it's the 9 out of 10 that are getting delayed because of the 1095A/8962 issue.  I have had problems with both my federal and state this year.  The federal was the 1095A/8962 that was never transmitted by TurboTax and with the state I received an electronic communication that they needed all my W2s because they needed to verify my income.  Through the help of an advocate I got my federal less than 4 weeks after I got the same disappearing bars when it approached time for my refund to be processed on 02/17, but even with them you have to be persistent.  Escalate!  Escalate!  Escalate!  As far as the state after I added the W2s to my account electronically, I was told via email and on the phone that it could take up to 90 days to get that refund.  Also, you don't have to get nasty with the IRS agent but they can tell you the exact reason why your refund is being delayed and what is in the letter.  I did not wait for the letter.  The day after I did not get my refund I called the IRS, got the information including the fax number to send my copies of the 1095A/8962 and it was the IRS that suggested my case be referred to a tax advocate.  In these times yelling and screaming at agents will not get you anywhere but clear, calm communication with them will.  If there is anybody we should all be getting mad with it should be these tax software companies because it seems that all of them dropped the ball with their faulty program which resulted in this issue that the majority of its users are having.

Refund

Can I ask, how did you get to a tax advocate? I had The whole 1095 issue wit turbo tax, did like you and faxed the info to IRS immediately.  I have Spoken to someone at the IRS twice now, both people very nice but all they tell me is I have To wait 6-8wks. This is insane. I’ve never had this problem. So I’m at week 5 since they got my 1095 and I still See no end to this. No money either. 

Refund

@Cobia7671all you have to do is tell the IRS you have a hardship, like everyone has now with being forced to stay home and they usually recommend an advocate.  Or just outright ask them to refer an advocate when you call them next being that is it close to the 8 weeks an advocate may not be able to do anything to expedite.  I requested one the first time I called to find out why I didn't get my refund on 02/17.

Refund

I did everything just like you and now it is just a waiting game. I got my state with in 2 weeks with no problem.

Refund

@Vernieshay123Well maybe there is hope I will get it this week...it is going on two weeks now.

Refund

When you call the IRS and speak to someone tell them you would like to request a tax advocate. They will ask you if you are having a financial hardship. Then they will fill out a form requesting one. Someone will call you in a few days and speak with you then the actual tax advocate will call you within 5 business days. Mine is supposed to call me today. I’m patiently waiting.

Refund

@Devans0714  It’s so frustrating. I’ve NEVER had this problem with TT. I will call again Monday and see what can be done. Thank you! Btw, I filed and accepted 01/31. This is crap 

Refund

Wow. I had the same issue having to fax to IRS my 1095 A form. It was exactly 3 1/2 weeks from the day I faxed it, I received my refund...

BMA1
Level 3

Refund

I don't mean to sound stupid, but I never received a 1095A, I did get a 1095C though...should everyone also get a 1095A??

Refund

@BMA1 wrote:

I don't mean to sound stupid, but I never received a 1095A, I did get a 1095C though...should everyone also get a 1095A??

A form 1095-C is not entered on a tax return.  You would only have received a Form 1095-A if you had health insurance provided through one of the state Marketplace Exchanges set up under the Affordable Care Act.

BMA1
Level 3

Refund

OK...We did not have that.. We have our health insurance through my husband's company.  So this particular issue will most likely not be what my "letter" will be about.  GAHHHHHHH I wish she could have provided more information for me.  I probably should not have even called....it was so odd that she never mentioned the forthcoming letter until an hour into our call -  Just said she could not see it, but that one would be coming in about four weeks and "be patient".  Patient?!!  I am losing my mind trying to guess what it could be about!!!!

Refund

The 1095 A is if you had Obamacare 

Refund

I don’t know I only filed a 1040, I don’t want to sound stupid but what is the 1095

Refund

Oh ok I just saw tour reply, thanks

Refund

It’s for people that have marketplace for insurance 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies