turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund

Congratulations my still the same accepted 01/27 nothing yet.

Thanks for sharing .

Refund

Turbo sent me and email saying they are charging my back account on 4/3 for my filing fees because it's taking to long.

Refund

Devans0714 when did you verifie id???

Refund

I recieved a letter in the mail march 9th saying they selected my return to verify one or more things that I reported..Does that mean from that point on its 21 days or what does that mean?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

@Nvan23467 Which letter did you receive from the IRS? Was it 5071C or 4464C ect. it depends on which letter you receive because they do have different timeframes for the refund.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund

So I don't have to pay them till I get my money

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Refund

You do not have to pay who? If you are referring to Turbo Tax then you may be required to pay prior to receiving your refund. In the agreement, you agreed to with the Refund Processing service you agreed if you did not receive your refund within 36 days after the expected date, Turbo Tax would deduct the fees from your bank account. 

For more information, please click here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund

I had this problem, just a little different.  IF IT HAS BEEN 21 DAYS CALL THE IRS. It is your right to, dont be shy.  My WMRT {where is my refund tool} showed accepted on the 3 stage progress bar then after the 21st day there was no progress bar and it said they will give me a date as soon as my taxes where done being processed.  Of course they don't give you a phone number to call.  So I found the number and called them, come to find out my return was flagged for review.  This will take an additional 45 days.  It was because I accidentally put in one of my 2018 w2 that got mixed in from when I was retrieving my adjusted gross income from the previous year.  I realized it had been put in literally right after I pressed send, mind you Turbo tax had reviewed my taxes several times I think 5 times.  They didn't catch something so simple.  Anyway I called them to let them know of this problem and they said just wait for it to be rejected.  So I did. Then I started questioning if I should even trust what they say due to the mistake they didn't catch 5 times.  So I called the IRS.  They said I should have called them right away.    Just be sure to go over your taxes again to be sure it is all correct or you could be flagged for review and wait an extra 3 months because after the 45 days you have to re submit.

Refund

It more then likely is in review CALL NOW

Refund

I filed on 1/26/2010, it was accepted on the 28th. Since then it’s just says processing, it’s been way over 21days, in on top of that my wife filed awhole month after me in she got hers back 2weeks later. What could be the problem?

Refund

@RichardF06  wrote:

I filed on 1/26/2010, it was accepted on the 28th. Since then it’s just says processing, it’s been way over 21days, in on top of that my wife filed awhole month after me in she got hers back 2weeks later. What could be the problem?

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 4 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

uckylop
Returning Member

Refund

Some sort of review better call them then follow up with a advocate 

Refund

CarissaM...

It is not "OUR" fault that Turbo Tax is missing the most elementary things that should have been caught like missing forms before transmitting to the IRS.  Like I said in my previous comments this is sloppy programming.  All it takes is a true/false query to correct this issue.  I know very well that it can be done as I have worked in IT for 20 years and in any application you can create/modify an existing form to perform a behavior if you program it correctly.  If your system checks and re-checks a return and still does not catch a missing form or an outdated W2, then that is faulty programming.  You should not demand nor deduct the fees if the majority of your clients/customers are having the same issue and not receiving their refunds in a timely manner.  You should just wait like we are having to do.  I repeat, I AM NOT, paying until I am certain that the turbotax fees are not deducted from my refund.

Refund

Basically it looks like they had an issue within their program that has been subsequently corrected and only affected those who filed prior to the IRS acceptance date.  It is very interesting that the majority of the issues happened to people who filed the last week of January or the first week of February.  It seems like it is smooth sailing for those who filed later.

Refund

No  I filed mine on Feb 10th accepted on Feb 11th and contacted the IRS because of my still being processed and its was because of the same 1095a glitch that every one else has. The turbo tax people are trying to snowball us and keep posting the same robot response under multiple expert names about 9 out of 10 refunds, and blah blah but in reality it is Turbo taxes fault and now they want their money for an error that they caused. This really baffles me but I am gonna stay in prayer during these pandemic days.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies