Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund

@MVPonder2020 wrote:

I filed mine on Jan 20th it was accepted the 21st and it’s well over 21 days. All it says it that it’s processing!

If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Refund

Same here. I've never had to wait this long for my refund ever.

Refund

Nope... mine says the same 

Refund

I did mine on the 25th of Jan. Got accepted on the 27th and then got the “your return is being processed” message on the 17th and I’ve yet to get my refund wtf.

Refund

@kingDIESELmane wrote:

I did mine on the 25th of Jan. Got accepted on the 27th and then got the “your return is being processed” message on the 17th and I’ve yet to get my refund wtf.

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Brett2188

Refund

What's goin on? My refund was accepted on Jan 25... And I received my state refund. But federal says it's beening processing for the last 2 weeks

Refund

Yes Ihave called nothing but recoreded messages being processed its been since 1 27 when it was accepted 

Refund

Yes, I got accepted January 27th after filling January 17th. It's February 28th and mine still say their being processed... 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

The IRS reports that they issue 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.

Please see these TurboTax FAQ's on why some tax return refunds may take a while to be released and what steps you can take:

If you are concerned and it's been over 21 days since your tax return was filed and you decide to call them here are some tips when contacting the IRS at 1-800-829-1040:

• First choose your language. 
  • Then do not choose the first choice regarding REFUND, or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for personal income tax questions.
  • Then press 1 for form, tax history, or payment.  
  • Then press 3 for all other questions.
  • Then press 2 for all other questions to be transferred to an agent

Please see this TurboTax FAQ on what to have ready before you contact the IRS: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/irs/help/what-do-i-need-if-i-call-the-irs/00/27378

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund

@illLoveYou224 Do you have the bar? Mine just says it’s still being process with tax topic 152

Refund

At least I dont feel like the only one that’s “processing”. Sure does suck though. I’ve never had to wait this long to get approved. 

Refund

I’m having the same issue. Have you checked your transcripts? I had a code 570 and this morning now have a 971. I’ve called the IRS and only get told I was picked for review, random thing. They have no answers, completely annoying!

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

@Confused21  Below is an explanation of Code 570.

Code 570:  Additional Liability Pending/or Credit Hold - Per IRS Transaction Codes

The IRS is in the process of matching forms they received for you and the ones you reported. Just keep an eye on it; it doesn't mean you're being audited and they should send you a letter if they find something they need more information about.

For more information, please see: Section 8A - Master File Codes

"JulieR New Member'

Priscilla446
Returning Member

Refund

My return was accepted Feb 5th, just about a week ago the status bar was missing, it says the following:

Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
  • Tax Topic 152, Refund Information

I called the IRS yesterday, the lady told me that my return needs 2 more weeks. I asked if that means I was pulled for review, or if that means theres an issue. She said no they just need 2 more weeks to process...... Not sure what the heck that means, I'm very worried.  

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

@Priscilla446

Turbo Tax will not have a status on your refund. If the IRS website says processing, this means they are working on it.  Topic 152 means that your tax returns may require further review and could take longer.

Please see Topic 152 for more detailed information. https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc152

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies