Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund Status says Action Required

I hope the 21 days means they’re just gonna start giving the refunds out and not a letter. Why would they waste time with sending out letters to almost everyone in the world?  Doesn’t make sense. 

My refund is scheduled for Monday 2-12 I will see … 

If it’s just to prepare people, well that can wait until next year now that we are all aware of the identity thing. 

Exactly, if they want to prepare people they should have stated that in the news since last year or this year not just last minute. But no unfortunately if you get the identity verification message then you would need the letter and the letter is 21 days in order for you to be able to receive your refund if your even lucky. For others who are not required for the verification then yeah the 21 days also apply to them normally. But not the case for us unfortunately.

I filed on 1/17 and received a notice that my return was accepted on 1/22. I'm getting the same notice with "Where's my refund?" and have also not received a letter. I have an account with the IRS through ID.me and do not have any online notices so the letter did not go there. I have it currently configured to send both online and paper notices.

I called the verification number [phone number removed]) and the operator stated that they did not begin processing until 1/29 and since it hasn't been 21 days yet they can't pull up my account so it looks like I need to call back next Monday.

Hey,

I have been getting those same responses from the IRS reps, funny enough today I got a letter from the IRS but it's not the letter with a control number. This letter was just to tell me that someone signed into my ID.me account (which was me) and that is it. This letter has the CP303 notice. I mean the letter was sent to the correct address so that should be enough to verify but nope. We still have to wait for the actual identity verification letter. 

Its  starting to make more and more sense now. We filed too early the 21 days start on Jan 29th. Think our taxes will be one of the first ones that get processed for refund issuing. We are not getting any letter in the mail! It was actually my first time filing on my own and filing early. I never saw a notice like that in my life until now. Think it was just our early submission. No one is under refund approval yet. Crossing fingers 🤞🏼

If you recieved that letter we should have already received the verification letter long time ago. Which makes me believe no letter will be mailed just taking longer to process that’s all and we all submitted too early 

Yeah as far as I know no one has gotten an actual verification letter and those who were able to verify in person before even receiving a letter were already accepted and just waiting for their DD. I am trying to see if I am able to schedule an appointment in person. Supposedly the letter is not required with that

ElizKk_24

This is quite the same predicament as I am going through after I filed my taxes. Which was on Jan 8, 2024. Got an email saying accepted Jan 16, 2024 est Feb. 6. Then a week or so later something about may need more information about my identity? I don't know why I have been using turbo tax to my file myself for the last 3 years and never been so out of the loop about updates . I'm wondering the same thing?

We were considered the testing batch for submitting early .. 

Something that will hold up the processing of a return is this ... if you submit your return before the IRS has received and processed your tax reporting forms received from your employers and other payers which show federal withholding on them.  Until the IRS can confirm  the withholding from those sources is the same as what you claimed on your 1040 they will hold your return in the processing pipeline.   Just because you got the tax form doesn't mean the payer filed it yet ... many payers will hold the filing with the feds until the last minute to allow the employees to report errors on the forms.  This way they can make the corrections before they file the forms and save them having to file corrected forms which are a pain in the butt. 

I still haven't gotten a letter.  I'm going to give it until Monday and then maybe try and make an in person appointment to see if I can verify that way. I don't get why I would be flagged. I've been at the same address since the 2019 tax year, have been filing with TT all this time and have been at the same job since 2018. Literally nothing has changed.

I didn't expect any action on this today, but I decided to check "Where's My Refund?" out of curiosity and it now says that my refund has been approved and I should receive it by 2/27. I'll post back if it actually hits my account.

Really? When did you file your taxes?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies