Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Refund Advance

I submitted my refund advance before submitting taxes and it was approved when doing so.  My federal return was accepted on 1/23 but I have still not received any refund yet in my credit karma account.  

I have read online that Credit Karma is not releasing any refund advances this year until late Feb.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund Advance

A final loan approval decision is received after taxes are filed. If approved, your Refund Advance will be deposited into your Credit Karma Money Spend account. For more information, please visit the help article below.

Offer details and disclosures for the Refund Advance program - Intuit 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund Advance

How can we find out if it was approved or denied?  There does not seem to be a way to find out the information.  

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund Advance

You won't receive a final decision of whether you are approved for the loan until after you file your taxes. If approved, your Refund Advance will be deposited into your Credit Karma Money Spend account. For more information, please see the TurboTax FAQ here for assistance.

Refund Advance

So there is no way to find out if you are or are not approved until your taxes have been submitted?  how long does it take to get a decision made?  This is very confusing and frustrating since the answers given are very vague and dont really answer anything.  

Is there a way I can find out if it was approved or not since my taxes were accepted a day ago?

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund Advance

You have to wait for your information to process. You won't receive a final decision if you are approved for the loan until after you filed your taxes. Once accepted, you will receive an email with further instructions on accessing the funds. All the information available is located here for assistance.

Refund Advance

I love how they keep answering with the same answer. I’m having the same issues. Over 48 hours since taxes were accepted. Called TT multiple times and each time nobody knew what to check or what to do. Wasted money and time with this company. Never using TurboTax again. 

Refund Advance

I called turbo tax for them to tell me is was a credit karma issue.  Called credit karma and they said it was turbo tax.  Had both on the line and they said maybe call the bank that does the loans.  They can see the refund advance request but no email saying yes or no.  Used turbo tax for years and never had anything like this happen.  Worst costumer service ever!  Will be using H&R next year 

Refund Advance

I am convinced the advance offer is just bait to get people to use turbotax and credit karma. Both companies are owned by intuit. So their goal here is to get people to create a Credit Karma spend account. I am in the same boat as many of you and I have read many posts from previous years where it is always the same issue year after year. After reading the vague wording of how this works and the attempts at explanations by so-called TurboTax experts, I believe this is a borderline scam. I'm sure it's all legal due to the vague fine print. I will tell you though on principle I will be leaving TurboTax after many years of loyalty. Once my refund is deposited in my credit karma spend account, after the normal waiting time instead of an advance I'm sure, I will be deleting that Credit Karma spend account as well.  There are way too many free filing Services out there these days.

Basically Intuit got me and probably a lot of other people. 150 bucks to file taxes and that's without any live or after filing type support. And then they got us on the spend account as well. Most people won't take the time to close the Credit Karma spend account after receiving their refund. Even though they didn't get the advance. Highly recommend that next year everyone looks into the free filing services.

Best of luck to everyone.

Refund Advance

What percentage of people who applied for a refund advance were approved for a refund Advance last year?

Refund Advance

I believe what the vague so-called expert is trying to say is the only way to find out if you are approved is if the money ends up in your credit karma account shortly after acceptance. So if a few days go by and the money is not in your credit karma spend account then you didn't get approved. Not sure why they can't just come out and say that. Probably because they're trying to stick to a script the TurboTax legal team told them to stay in line with. My refund was accepted on the 23rd. It's the 25th and I haven't received the advance in my credit karma spend account. So I'm going to assume what he is saying is I wasn't approved since it didn't arrive. I find it highly unlikely that he or she will clarify.

Refund Advance

@ChondelLO if i claim dependent(s), am I ineligible for a refund advance?

Refund Advance

My fiancé got his refund advance but that was on Jan 23rd. After that date the bank that was approving them stop due to some issues with turbo tax

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund Advance

If your return contains certain IRS Forms (1310, 4852, 4684, 4868, 1040SS, 1040PR, 1040X, 8888, or 8862) you are not eligible for the Refund Advance.  Please see the following TurboTax Help Article for more information: Offer details and disclosures for the Refund Advance program

@Taralambert514 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies