turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund advance

@Amjorda19 it sucks but hopefully the class action actually happens and you get a nice chunk of cash to make up for it.... 

Refund advance

That is actually the only explanation I have heard that has made any sense.  And because I was helping my mom with her taxes last night I have a clear memory of exactly what your talking about.  It defaults to "Have it sent to Credit Karma account and get $100" and it's very possible, infact probable that after already selecting the refund advance that a large majority of us saw Credit Karma and figured it was the same option and just continued.  That would at least make sense for people like me that never got an email saying they were approved or for how much, and who called First Century Bank and were told they did not have an application on file for them.

Refund advance

Ya, it doesn't exist.  Also, because some people stated it doesn't work if you already filed.  I tried finding the file or revisit while doing my mom's taxes before filing and it still isn't there so my only guess is that is only for people using the downloaded version of the TurboTax software, which I am guessing is very few people, because why pay for a software when the online version is free?? 

It is so blatantly obvious that nobody that works there has any idea what is going on with this issue.  I have heard so many different answers from so many different people who heard it from so many managers that my **bleep**ing head is spinning...

It's a joke, and being that I was accepted on the 21st (which all the super informed employees at TT said is impossible btw) at this point I'm not expecting to get the advance, and I just hope that my actual return comes when it is supposed to but I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow screwed that up!  I also filed my dad's return (didn't even try for advance) and it was accepted over a week ago but the Where's My Refund app says there is no record of it! So I'm wondering what they screwed up there.  He will be calling Monday to talk to someone and see if they actually have his return on file.  I don't know how TT could email him stating both state and federal were accepted but IRS can't seem to locate his return....

Refund advance

Screenshot_20220205-053725.png

Refund advance

Literally today the lady told me that credit karma is in charge of the advances and not turbo tax but that’s not what the information I signed said 

Refund advance

You do realize that TurboTax and Credit Karma are part of the same company, Intuit?  Blaming one or the other does not really matter.  Credit Karma can't refund your money because you did not pay them anything.  Only TurboTax can do that.  But it all comes out of the same company's funds.  For the agent to try to blame one or the other shows that the agent does not know that the companies are the same.

Refund advance

I’m aware & I just so happened to get an agent that sounded like she was too busy to be doing her job.. she wasn’t nice & accommodating like the ones you guys have had.

Refund advance

I am sorry you ended up with that agent.  Their main purpose is to satisfy the customer.  If they act too busy to do that they will not be an Intuit agent for long.  If you receive a customer survey for your call, it is very much appreciated if you alert Intuit to the way you were treated.  The way to do that is with a low score on question about referring friends and family based on your phone call experience.

Refund advance

If anybody takes legal action let me know 

Refund advance

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME TODAY- LOOKING FOR ANSWERS

Refund advance

They won't give you any. Intuit is blaming the bank, and the bank is blaming intuit. I got a call from a case manager at the office of the president from Intuit. He proceeded to tell me after a two day "investigation" that the bank had been the one who declined my advance. I already knew that, my question was why? They pre approved me, then when I finished everything it said I was approved. He didn't have any answers and just said it eas "weird." They aren't interested in telling customers the truth, which is that they were trying to get more traffic to Credit Karma money. I filed a dispute with the BBB. Got their attention real fast. I'd recommend it if you want a case manager to give you a call.

Refund advance

MY TAX FILING FOR THIS YEAR SHOWS TURBO TAX SENT ADVANCE LOAN TO GREEN DOT AND NOT FIRST CENTURY BANK

SHOWS

- Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC, a division of Green Dot Corporation, a Delaware corporation and Civista Bank
Refund and Loan Processing Agreement (“Agreement”)

Poppins

Refund advance

Still haven’t heard anything on my refund advance. I never got any kind of confirmation that I even signed a contract for it. But my tax forms say I did. What’s going on???

Refund advance

Yea i will be in that class action for sure this has happened to too many turbo tax customers to just be a mistake like i said they scammed their customers once again this tax season like last year....shame on turbotax people are in need of their funds and they dangled that advance in our face's🤬🤬🤬

Refund advance

Your not alone tt told us all that same lie we dont know where your advance is after you file and were accepted and first century bank has no idea who you are but at least you received a credit karma card you didn't need or what so pay up them fees now🤔🤬

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies