turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Question about refund advance

Your representative definitely misinformed you. I just received my advance minutes ago. I never got an approval email after they initially sent me the info for the turbo card set up. They just emailed me to say my funds were deposited and they are in fact there. I don't even have the TurboTax card yet.

I am with you. I feel like it was a scam. I have used turbo tax for 6 years with no problems. 

I just got my email that my funds are there! 

Thank you all for coming in to help. I just checked my email and got it as well. Turns out they weren't prepared for the test returns to be accepted. For anyone else wondering I was accepted at 5:31pm on 1/13

Just received my email for deposit 

8:12 pm on 1/14

TurboTax should probably remove that "within one hour of acceptance" banner from their home page though.

Hey what's the number for support and the bank ? I'm dealing with same thing as yall

[phone number removed] for the loan dept at the bank 

[Phone Number Removed]

Lol

Got approved for an advance. My return was accepted last night around 8pm. Still waiting on the advance. Hopefully I see it in the morning.

What is the small test batch and who applies

@Roxanna8484 

The IRS announced that they would not be accepting returns until January 27.  But they have accepted a few small "test" batches of returns to see how the system is working for this year.  You cannot "apply" to be in it.  It is totally random.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

So it says I should receive my refund 21 days after accepted.    Now since it was part of the Test batch will it be 21 days from the 13th ? Or from the 27th ?

If you are getting earned income credit or the additional child tax credit, you are still subject to the PATH act, despite being in the "test batch."

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3397970-path-act-delayed-refunds-for-some-filers

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Hey was it the full 48 hours or more when you received . I got accepted on the 14th spoke with a lady named Karen .  But still waiting for the card info electronically it still waiting . 

I'm in the same position except I'm at hour 53 right now. I call the phone numbers and nobody has been any help so far. They said I'm approved for the advance and it should be there but nobody knows why it isn't.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies