turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I completed my California state tax refund on January 30th and efiled. Why is it still have pending status throughTurboTax?

Hello:

My CA state tax is stuck in a pending status. Having reviewed the hard copy of the federal and state forms, there appears to be a system glitch.  

Form 1040 Part II Adjustments to Income - Line 22 = $0

Form 540  Line Section C – Adjustments to Income from federal Schedule 1 (Form 1040) is pulling in a dollar amount of $300 from Line 22 of Form 1040 to Line 22 of Form 540

If there is a $0 amount on the federal form, should a $0 amount pull into the state form?  Where is the $300 pulling from?  Would this be the reason why the taxes have not transmitted to the FTB?

Please advise.

HB88
Level 5

I completed my California state tax refund on January 30th and efiled. Why is it still have pending status throughTurboTax?

This is a response I gave in another thread which address your same concern about corrections.

There were multiple changes made to the 540 form. I know this because I have not filed my return yet but I did file my parents early as they already had all their documents.

When I went back to add more information to mine just a week ago there were 2 different errors on the 540 form which were not present when I filed my parents.

The software will catch errors as the form updates and it looks for fields which are empty or not complete.

-----------------------------

I just sent a blistering email to the Office of the President and also CC'd the CEO and VP.

The copy and paste canned response is not only disingenuous but now they have set the expectation that everyone who is waiting will now get a response within 48 hours. This is not only unrealistic but further damaging to their PR when 48 hours come and go and most still have not received anything.

Further Turbotax has failed to be proactive. They knew very well the multiple updates since the early filers have caused errors on the 540 return. Rather than contact the customers and kick the returns back for correction, they remained silent until some of us contacted the VP to bring visibility into the issue, but add insult to injury you have these "experts" and admins spreading false information about the transmission process between turbotax and the state. In my case the customer service rep on the phone was just as frustrated because he was contacting level 2 support and they told him my return was filed when it was Not and confirmed by FTB it was never received.

Turbotax needs to be transparent in all this and stop this nonsense of copying and pasting unrealistic messages and take ownership of the problem.

my Ga is still pending too. FED accepted 5 days ago. Also wmr says wrong information.  I am regretting using Turbo because I've never had issues in over 13 years with her block. This is ridiculous 

A week ago, I was the first one with this problem! C'mon Turbo Tax,. you need to investigate this. I had my CA refund on Feb. 11 th last year. This year my refund sits in limbo in your files. 

This is crazy! The same thing happened to me. Turbo Tax...bad answers and placed on hold for 2 hours!!!. They need to refund everyone's money they charged. Does anyone know of another service where you can efile Calif returns only? First the snafu with the stimulus payments in January...now this!! 

fatfeet
Returning Member

I submitted an inquiry to "Call Kurtis" at Sacramento news KCRA asking for his help in resolving the issue.  Now I know they are busy but I had to start somewhere since Turbo Tax is doing nothing.

I’m in the same boat. Filed on 2/11. Federal return accepted on 2/12. CA state return has been in “Pending” status ever since with ZERO communication from TurboTax. Not acceptable! I sent an email to the CEO this morning. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

acrane0129, wanted to let you know that I've been using TurboTax for a couple of decades and this is the first time this has happened. With everything that has happened in 2020, I am disappointed, frustrated, but not surprised!

I sent an email to the CEO as someone suggested in this thread since I had the exact same issue. I received an email back within the hour saying that my return had been flagged for some issue by turbo tax and they are doing an extra review and that I will have an update in 48 hours. Quite frustrating since my federal has been submitted without issue. 

Can anyone provide me the CEO's email address?  If that's all that's working, I'd like to email him myself.  I've been on hold with Turobtax and they're clueless.

Reply from CEO:

Hi,

Thank you for your email, I have copied the office of the president; an expert will look into your state pending status. I am confident this will get addressed.

Sasan

I also filed mine January 30.  Initially there was a problem with CA return because of the way I entered my county but I immediately corrected that issue and now it's still pending while my Federal return was accepted February 12.  A friend of mine filed the other day and both her federal and state were accepted within hours of each other.  She lives in CA as well.

Today is 2/18/2020 I Filed my state (California) on Jan30. Today still pending NO EMAIL TO EXSPLANE WHY!!!

Same issue CA state .....Pending

We PAID Turbo Tax to e file ( no glitch accepting our payments) so fix the problem and file our state taxes ASAP.

10 year Turbo tax customer, however not my first issue with the service but probably last time I will ever use Turbo Tax.

Reply:

Hi XXXX,

We know how important your refund is to you and we apologize for any delay. 

Unfortunately, we noticed something in your tax return that may have caused it to be rejected. Your return will currently show as “Pending” while we do an extra review to assess the reason it was flagged, resolve it for you, or identify what you need to do to ensure everything is accurate and your return is accepted.

We will send you an email within 48 hours with confirmation that your return has been filed, or instructions for any additional steps that need to be taken to ensure an accurate return is accepted, and you receive every dollar you deserve.  

We apologize again that this has caused a delay in receiving your refund.

Respectfully,

Chrissy

Office of the President

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies