Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I completed my California state tax refund on January 30th and efiled. Why is it still have pending status throughTurboTax?

And I have called you guys 3 times 70+ minutes on hold!) only to be told told this is normal for California this year. I figured it was BS! Please do better! I have used Turbo Tax for years. Not sure I will use it again next year! 

I completed my California state tax refund on January 30th and efiled. Why is it still have pending status throughTurboTax?

Hi, Chrissy,

Funny, there are so many people with the same issue,  I am having a hard time believing you.  Your system should have run a check BEFORE you allowed me to submit my taxes.  You don't have the confidence of a lot of your consumers.  You should refund the fees you required to file state taxes.  This issue is not isolated to me. Look at this forum and see how many people have the same complaint. 

I went ahead and filed on the FTB website, basically copied my state return info and submitted it.  This is as bad as the issue with the stimulus payments that were issued at the beginning of January, how Turbo Tax customers did not receive theirs due to an issue?  

TURBO TAX!! PLEASE READ THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From Carpam30 on page 3!! 

Hello:

My CA state tax is stuck in a pending status. Having reviewed the hard copy of the federal and state forms, there appears to be a system glitch.  

Form 1040 Part II Adjustments to Income - Line 22 = $0

Form 540  Line Section C – Adjustments to Income from federal Schedule 1 (Form 1040) is pulling in a dollar amount of $300 from Line 22 of Form 1040 to Line 22 of Form 540

If there is a $0 amount on the federal form, should a $0 amount pull into the state form?  Where is the $300 pulling from?  Would this be the reason why the taxes have not transmitted to the FTB?

Please advise.

This is the response that everyone is receiving.

Nope, me either.  I filed my son's returns through Tax Act.  He has the same type of return I do and both federal and state were accepted on the same day.  Turbo tax needs to refund the fees they charged everyone for state taxes. 

I don't see that issue on my form 540

Same boat here, they sure have no problem taking your money but when it comes to performing on their end you're screwed

Thank you for this. If we can submit a paper version to mail I am wondering if we can submit the state taxes using a different software. I will call and ask right now. If so, I will use HRBlock or file directly through them using Cal File.  

I see the issue too that was posted by Carpam 30.  An arbitrary $300 which does not match the Federal return.  This is the glitch.  The figure was inserted by Turbo Tax not the user.  However it was not picked up when we all filed our taxes.  All of our returns were accepted. Your issue to fix as we all have the same amount! It took the turbo tax community to point out your error. 
Requesting you Resolve it immediately and electronically e file all our returns correctly.

I just posted that I was going to do the same.  I will do so right now. I already received my federal return (as in the funds are now in the bank) while my state taxes still say pending and the Ftb still says no record of 2020. I filed on 1/21

I have the same issue.....filed Federal and CA State on 2/12 with Federal accepted almost immediately.  As of 2/16, CA had not been accepted.  I contacted CA FTB and was advised my return was not received by the state tax board.  After contacting Turbotax, I was informed it was still in the server and had not been sent.  The representative said that she would send it and furnished me a  submission number.  I recontacted the state tax board and was advised there was no record of my tax return.  I recontacted Turbotax and another representative told me the return was still in the Turbotax server and "will be sent when it is appropriate."  Further, I should wait for two weeks and I should recontact Turbotax if the state tax board has not received the return by then.  Further, if that occurs, then "we have a problem."

Intuit  should understand the consequences that this can lead people dropping  efile or turbotax next year.

We understand fixing software issue can takes time, in a rush, fixing one may introduce another. But timely ACK and commucate to customer is vitally important to give customer an assurance and confidentce.

I do not believe the BS of your filing is flagged etc. It is generic enough, the flag is nothing more than pending which we all have already.

I am having the same issue and no ones seems to Care. I called the IRS and was told that CA was never received by Turbotax, so I have no idea what to do. 😫

I am at the same boat...I filled on 02/15, Federal return was accepted within hour, CA return is still in pending mode.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies