turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Please Help

So I have an issue that I need help with asap... I filled my taxes with the same tax preparer I have used for the past 5 to 6 yrs. After 7 yrs on the housing waitlist I finally receive the housing assistance I prayed for but now I may lose my housing due to tax issues... My AGI does not match my earned income.. I only work part time and only made 7 plus thousand a yr..but my AGI says 16...I no longer have the same tax guy but now Im stuck with trying to prove I didnt make that much.. So question is how can I get my AGI to match my earned income after I already filed and was not rejected.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Please Help

Not sure how we can help.  You have not said if you have any other income besides the wages from your part-time job.  If you are receiving  some other income besides the wages from the PT job, then that income is part of your AGI--like it or not.  

You 2019 AGI is on line 8b of your Form 1040.  (For 2017 it would have been on line 7)

Who prepared your 2019 return?  What income was included besides the W-2 for the part-time job?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Please Help

Do you have a copy of your tax return?  What lines show income besides line 1 for wages?  Maybe your wages got entered twice?  Did you get unemployment?

Please Help

Maybe you are confused about what AGI really is--- AGI is not just the income you earned.  It includes other forms of income you received.  So if you received other income, you cannot make your AGI "match" only the income from the job.

Adjusted gross income (AGI) is your gross income which includes wages, dividends, alimony, capital gains, business income, retirement distributions and other income, minus certain payments you’ve made during the year, such as student loan interest or contributions to a traditional individual retirement account or a health savings account.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/irs-tax-return/what-is-adjusted-gross-income-agi/L2C6rCEit

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Please Help

If you don't have a copy of your return get one from the IRS.  Don't know how long it will take with Covid-19.

You can request a transcript from the IRS

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies