turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

People with cycle code 20200705 and processing date 03/2 POST HERE!!! EITC/ACTC/and PATHers

I talked to the tax advocate line and IRS

People with cycle code 20200705 and processing date 03/2 POST HERE!!! EITC/ACTC/and PATHers

So is this for all of us the hold being lifted?

Not sure what u mean..... they said nothing about my hold being lifted.... they said I'm still under review and nothing has changed 

You would hope. I think that person was only talking about themselves.

If you're in a crisis have an eviction, going through a hardship or about to be they can help you. Each case is individual whether they accept you or not and each hold case is individual as far as the holding status. However I have found through the years that I have never encountered an actual "random" review there has always been a reason.... Good luck everyone!

Tax Advacate never helped myself and I am living in hotel with family. Still waiting.

No update here, Ohio

Filed January 22th

Accepted January 27th

Found out under review checking bars February 22nd

Called IRS, February 24th, because of that and only received 34 dollars out of $7000. IRS then says they mailed out a letter February 17th which to this day we never received. Had to request a Tax Advacate same day would not tell me anything. Homeless living out of hot with Mom, and two nephew's. I'm only one working right now. Called Tax Advacate and they said on February 24th had to wait 5 days before they would even speak to me. finally on February 28th a tax advocate called me and said that I was being looked at for dependents and HOH I've claimed the same nephew's last year on my tax returns. Tax advocate then said I had to fax in forms. so I faxed in my forms to the tax advocate on February 29th and then she turned around and confirm that on March 2nd. She would not say anything else. I have left messages but nothing. last time we spoke she said that she would call back on the 27th of March but not too sure that they would let me claim HOH but said that my nephew's wasn't a problem because they could look up my sister and see that we both have the same mother that made no sense. So now with virus mom is stuck on unemployment was on before all of this but jobs telling her on hire freeze. I'm working at grocery store but barely making it because all my money goes to rent. Now even struggling worse than before and they are saying might close hotel down. I'm only 23. I feel everything is against me and I'm trying. Just would be nice for this to get released so can have some assurance. 

@August_biechy So are they just lifting your hold or everyone's

@dewilson2023  I am so sorry to hear about all the problems they are giving you. I have two kids and my husband is the only one that works so I can stay home with the toddler and homeschool the first grader so money is tight for us as well and we really depend on our taxes to usually catch up rent and bills. I'm not sure honestly about the Hoh thing but I know I could never get ahold of my advocate and she never calls me back and now our advocate office has to work from home so it's even harder getting ahold of them. My advocate told me to fax forms as well and I did ten minutes after the phone call and I had to call main office to confirm she received it. A week later I ended up having to call the advocate toll free number to get her supervisors number because I still couldn't get my advocate to call me back. The supervisor said my advocate did get my papers but never sent them over so she had to do it and she is the only one who has called me back or answered the phone and took care of it. So maybe you could try getting your advocates supervisor and get.some answers or thing rolling anyways. Once they send the IRS your forms you can ask her to do a 7 day response period and that gives the IRS only 7 days to respond with what they want or to approve you and release it. I hope this helps and best of luck to you!

@dewilson2023  they lifted mine because they got my papers I faxed the advocates and they had 7 days to respond. That was a little over a week ago. Each case is different with what they need to release the holds. Ours was held because my husband's company never got the w2 and w3 in to social security so it looked like he didn't work all year. Btw this is August wife but couldn't change the name that pops up...

Greetings to all!

I have been on this forum for a while now.  I posted my story on  here a few weeks back and just here to offer a update.

I had a 250 dollar discrepancy in my tax return (this was my fault because I used the last pay stub).  I was an early filer.  I filed 1/21, accepted 1/27, tax transcripts updated mid-February with the 570 - then nothing. The IRS claimed that they mailed a letter - which I never received. I reached out to an advocate who stated that she could not help me on her end, however, she was able to tell me about the 250 dollar discrepancy.  When I found that out I amended and mailed that in overnight.  I had all of that done by the third week in February.  I waited about a week for an update and nothing - so I reached out to the advocate again (because now she could help me - so I thought).  She said I had to wait 30 days before she could open a case however she stated that she could see that the amended return was received and assigned.  Two weeks passed and silence.  So last week I called and she stated that the "review" was showing completed and I should have seen an update in last weeks transcript update but I did not.  Earlier this week, I called again and she stated that she was still showing that the case was closed and completed.  Since this was the status she opened a case for me.  Yesterday, I called again and she said that she could see a DDD of the 25th.  This morning, my transcripts in fact updated with the DDD for the 25th.

So I would say that if you are able to get an advocate to at least tell you what the issue is (if any), then maybe you can take some action on your own.  The advocates are really restricted this year with what they are able to do and when they are able to step in to help, but there are some things that they can see that may be helpful.  

I summed up my story as much as I could but hopefully this helps someone.

Just an update for anybody who's been following me. tax advocate finally called me back today after I had left her a message trying to figure out what was going on. She looked in the emails and saw that the IRS man said that they proved I was HOH and they proved that the kids lived with me well my nephew's not kids for more than six months out of the year but we're having difficulty proving there my blood nephews. but then tax advocate went off and was like that's BS because I prove that they were blood relatives before I even sent this over to the IRS so she was like hold on I'm going to have to send an email back to the IRS and spell it out for them and then once he calls me back I'll have to call you back so here we go again. No ddd update

What address do u mail amend 1040X to? And how do u find advocate? This is the worst tax year ever. Trump if he did this Biden is my guy  then. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to IRS by state to find out where to mail your 1040X.  

Same as all of you 20200705. It's now march 21st...Still no refund. How about you all?? I'm curious. 

Same as you all cycle 20200705... it's now march 21st.. stil no refund. Any one else finally get theirs?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies