turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

People with cycle code 20200705 and processing date 03/2 POST HERE!!! EITC/ACTC/and PATHers

I have same info and following

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

People with cycle code 20200705 and processing date 03/2 POST HERE!!! EITC/ACTC/and PATHers

If you claimed the EIC (Earned Income Credit) or Additional Child Tax Credit, you will most likely see the message, "We have received your tax return and it is being processed" for several days after February 15th.  

Where's My Refund? will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22

Refer to the following link for additional information:  Refund Timing for Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit Filers

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi all,

I am new to the chat.  I have been watching for everyone's update but it seems we are in the same boat.  However, I wanted to share that on another forum that I follow -  "I Got My Refund" someone with the same cycle code is now showing a DDD of 2.20.2020 and two bars on WMR, however it is not clear as to if this person has codes on their transcripts or a if they are a pather.

I checked my transcripts and nothing but the same codes since Friday.  But it seems that others are getting updates (well at least one person) so that means action is happening.  Maybe tomorrow for the rest of us?

Also, is there anyone with the 570 code and nothing following?  I see most get a code of either a 571 (clearing the 570 code) or the 971 code (stating that a letter was sent), but I have nothing.

No drastic changes for me.  My youngest is no longer in daycare and that is it.

Thanks all!

After three phone calls today I was told that they actually started processing any kind of EIC or additional child tax credits today. I know we all get different information from these people but I was thrown a code 570 which I have never seen before. My daughter is a full-time college student that lives at home so I still claim her. I was told that the 570 code is just them verifying my income because they did not start processing ours until today. I did ask about those eight digit codes and she said not to pay attention to it. I’m going to go back over old transcripts to see if that number has ever changed. I hope everyone’s having a great day!

I spoke with a young lady to day, because I was wondering about the 570 code on my transcript and I was told i was receiving a letter that they were verifying the accuracy of my return.  I did not have a code after that so if I wouldn't have called I would have know that a letter was sent out until I received it in the email. 

I applaud you guys for waiting on that phone call because I know their lines were swamped thanks for the updates guys! 
milk be checking tomorrow morning after the system updates tonight, I’m REALLY hoping we get an update soon! And I don’t understand why they would WAIT rly til today to start processing EITC and ACTC when the path act IS TO GIVE THEN MORE TIME TO PROCESS returns to avoid scams and what not. But again ITS the IRS and they’ll do whatever they want 

I tried calling a few times today and now it just ask that we call the next day and then hangs up.

Ah!  This is helpful.  I have had this happen before when they send the letter to verify income and identity, but I never had the code (I just checked my transcripts from previous years to make sure).  I actually went to my local tax office and handled it when it happened before, but this was a few years back and I only had to do it after my divorce happened.  It did not take long to do and I do not think it delayed my refund.  So hopefully if they mailed the letters already, we should be getting them soon and can get them handled to avoid a delay.   Just be sure that you take everything (all forms of identification, w2's, paystubs, everything) I even took my kids information. I do not know exactly what they needed but they made copies of almost everything I gave them and I had my refund shortly after.  It is a quick process (outside of the waiting time to see someone) but even with that we are early in the game, so hopefully there won't be a lot of people.  I hope that we can keep each other in the loop! 

This whole process is really starting to become mentally exhausting. 

I hope we GET some type of TRANSCRIPT update soon! I’m really hoping tonight! 

I agree!  I really do not understand why they do not have a system in place that can identify our information (especially if we file electronically).  It can read things such as SSN, DOB, names, etc and confirm that the SSN's provided are consistent with previous filings and keep it moving.  If some one adds a child or children then they can submit the verification right along when they file.  At this point, they should have something that can "see" that someone has claimed the same children for the past 15/16/17 years.  It is insane.  Realistically, they do not want to spend the money because I am sure systems like this already exist.  I agree with you, we spend all year paying taxes and with no hesitation they take that out of our check, but here we are yet another year waiting for them to find reasons to delay giving us our money back, even if they hold the EITC funds at least give me the rest. 

Same cycle and processing date with no 846 yet. Crossing my fingers for an update soon!

I have the 570 code same cycle code and March 2nd date! I’ve been freaked out about it because it’s the first year I’ve seen a code like this on my transcripts. The only thing that has changed is that I started a new job on May 2019. I’ve seen so many people say that the 570 code means offsets, review, audit. Not to “expect” my return anytime soon. 

Soo I called the IRS. And the guy didn’t ask any info but as soon as I mentioned the 570 code he was like when did you file? I said like the 26th or 27th and he said and do you have the earned income credit or child credit or both? And I said both. What’s the website say for you? And I said that my refund is processing.

He said look this is a standard hold code because of PATH. It just got lifted the 15th but some have not updated and if you go to our website you’ll see the 22nd is a big update. You should see a date then. And I said sooo I don’t have to verify anything and this is standard? And he said yes standard to those with those credits. You don’t need to worry, only worry if you see a different message on the where’s my refund page or if you receive something in the mail....

The first call I was hung up on while being transferred. The second two I got the same information but neither told me to expect a letter. 

Neither did I! I was just told it’s standard and expect to see a date the 22nd... I think all of the different comments from others of what the 570 codes means is what’s scaring me. I guess I’ll just wait until the 22nd now and cross my fingers!

Well I already been waiting a month what's a few more days can't wait for this year's taxes to be done ... 😥😬

I have the 570 code as well, but I received a letter in regards to income verification today. I made an appointment to take all my documents to a local IRS office on Monday. I heard they can verify and make any corrections there and will be able to submit my refund back into que. mind you I had to call like 4 times before someone told me about the notice sent out on 2/13. Wish me luck 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies